Quick test of my CLR and AX8....

WERNER1

Inspired
So I finally got a CLR and I haven't had a lot of time to mess with it yet,.. but I have set up a few presets that seem to work really well "Cranked Up" (and at low volume,.. but dialing these in to be played pretty loud :D )

I got home from work and tweaked a bit on this one and was noodling around and thought I'd try and record it with my phone.. not the greatest, but you can get the "feel" of it.... This is my rendition of Lincoln Brewster's "Strength Will Rise" solo...

The preset is using the Herbie 3 amp and combination cab of the TV Greenback mix and a V30 cab..

Enjoy! :)

Sounds great. I’m thinking of buying a CLR tonuse for Bar/Club gigs. When you sum L+R do you get any cancelling issues, etc?

Thanks! ..
I run Mono out,. so I do use the Sum L+R ... and I haven't noticed anything... but I'd have to test it both ways to be sure I guess... ?

So I finally got a CLR and I haven't had a lot of time to mess with it yet,.. but I have set up a few presets that seem to work really well "Cranked Up" (and at low volume,.. but dialing these in to be played pretty loud :D )

I got home from work and tweaked a bit on this one and was noodling around and thought I'd try and record it with my phone.. not the greatest, but you can get the "feel" of it.... This is my rendition of Lincoln Brewster's "Strength Will Rise" solo...

The preset is using the Herbie 3 amp and combination cab of the TV Greenback mix and a V30 cab..

Enjoy! :)

Awesome tone and playing!!!
LB is one of my favorite Guitarists.
Any chance of sharing the preset with me and eventually the church I perform at?

Thanks! ..
I run Mono out,. so I do use the Sum L+R ... and I haven't noticed anything... but I'd have to test it both ways to be sure I guess... ?
Try running your output in stereo which should result in loss of one side then switch to Sum L + R to check the difference. Then I would compare running output in mono.

Awesome tone and playing!!!
LB is one of my favorite Guitarists.
Any chance of sharing the preset with me and eventually the church I perform at?

Yeah I can share the preset at some point here all though it wasn't really dialed in for that sound.. it was more of a rhythm preset with just a touch of delay on it. I'm looking for a good backing track for that song as well as Reaching for You and I'll do a good recording along with a preset or two at that point.

Try running your output in stereo which should result in loss of one side then switch to Sum L + R to check the difference. Then I would compare running output in mono.

When I say I'm running Mono out, I'm running one XLR out of Output 1 Left XLR on the back of the unit. ... Do I need to do an internal selection of "Mono" somewhere or am I missing something? ... sorry I get really confused on this stuff. I think when I had my GT-100 if you only used the Left/Mono output it automatically converted the settings of the preset for mono or something like that.

I would love to run stereo at some point that's for sure, but I can't do it live right now, so I just keep creating presets in Mono as not to get spoiled by that lush spacious sound :D

When I say I'm running Mono out, I'm running one XLR out of Output 1 Left XLR on the back of the unit. ... Do I need to do an internal selection of "Mono" somewhere or am I missing something? ... sorry I get really confused on this stuff. I think when I had my GT-100 if you only used the Left/Mono output it automatically converted the settings of the preset for mono or something like that.

I would love to run stereo at some point that's for sure, but I can't do it live right now, so I just keep creating presets in Mono as not to get spoiled by that lush spacious sound :D

You have to go to I/O menu and go to Audio Page. Select Sum L+R. Check out page 83 of the manual: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/AX8/AX8-Owners-Manual.pdf

Very cool, nice job. . . love that tune. I've played that version of it 50 times, but for some unknown reason I never realized it was LB. Now that I listen to it, it's embarrassingly obvious!

Very cool, nice job. . . love that tune. I've played that version of it 50 times, but for some unknown reason I never realized it was LB. Now that I listen to it, it's embarrassingly obvious!

At church his stuff is typically the only thing that really makes me sit down and figure a song or solo out.... but he hasn't really done much "Real" guitar based stuff lately :(

This solo along with Reaching for you, and Today is the Day are just a couple of my fav's by him... he has some really tasty stuff on Danny Chamber's Album/CD "Carry the Call" .... never realized that was Lincoln B. on there until just a couple of years ago :oops:

Back
Top Bottom