Quick patch jump

plyall

Power User
Folks -

I recently loaded the famous violin patch at location 313. Since most of my custom presets are down in the 1-30 range, I couldn't find another way to get to the patch in 313 quickly - scrolling appears to be the only way.

I'm sure I have missed a shortcut somewhere- surely the Fractal gurus have addressed this, right?

Why all the 3's and 1's :S

Anyway, many midi controllers will have the ability to put out a numerical output that allow you to patch jump, it doesn't send the numbers to the Axe as such, the patch jump is on the unit itself, but if you have such a unit it may be worth looking into. Many of these units only go up to 127 (or 128 if starting from 1) so even then you're in the wrong bank haha.

Don't forget that in RECALL mode, the left and right NAV buttons increment and decrement preset number by 10.

The OP doesn't say he has an MFC. I assumed he means from the front panel. Move the preset.

I appreciate the idea of moving the patch to something closer in proximity to my 'working' patches, and will probably do that. I think this still points out a shortcoming. Even to move from patch 1 to patch 313 using the => button would cause to to use 30 button presses - I wonder about the life of the button in this case. There should be a button press or a combination that allows you to move forward by BANK or possibly even groups of 100 presets.

Pete

I appreciate the idea of moving the patch to something closer in proximity to my 'working' patches, and will probably do that. I think this still points out a shortcoming. Even to move from patch 1 to patch 313 using the => button would cause to to use 30 button presses - I wonder about the life of the button in this case. There should be a button press or a combination that allows you to move forward by BANK or possibly even groups of 100 presets.

Pete

Go this way instead <= Less button presses.

Fractal -

With enormous respect, I respectfully disagree. What about the fellow that hasn't gotten a MIDI controller such as the MFC-101 ($) yet? What about the user that simply has the Axe-FX II? Also, if quick changes are needed, this is relatively awkward (albeit it would be easier with a MIDI controller). I would think something like a 'magic' button press would make this process easier. Something like RIGHT ARROW + UP ARROW, or possibly a double tap on RIGHT ARROW.

There should be a button press or a combination that allows you to move forward by BANK or possibly even groups of 100 presets.

I would think something like a 'magic' button press would make this process easier. Something like RIGHT ARROW + UP ARROW, or possibly a double tap on RIGHT ARROW.

if you insist on jumping 100s of presets at a time, just use the scroll wheel to move across patches quickly, that's why it's there. get close to the 300 range (takes about a second for me from #1) then use the arrow buttons to get there more precisely.

but why can't you just move the preset to another number that is closer to the other ones you use? your request honestly makes no sense. #313 doesn't have to stay at position #313... that's why you can move them around and re-assign the numbers.

Fractal -

With enormous respect, I respectfully disagree. What about the fellow that hasn't gotten a MIDI controller such as the MFC-101 ($) yet? What about the user that simply has the Axe-FX II? Also, if quick changes are needed, this is relatively awkward (albeit it would be easier with a MIDI controller). I would think something like a 'magic' button press would make this process easier. Something like RIGHT ARROW + UP ARROW, or possibly a double tap on RIGHT ARROW.

Go to recall. Page over to "DIR" tab. Use scroll wheel to move between presets. This goes extremely fast. I can go from 0 to 383 with one big spin in < 1 second.

It didn't really matter about patch #313 - what the core question was regarded how to move large 'distances' easily. Folding space, I say ... :roll

wrinkle%20in-time-madeleine-lengle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom