Questions about Axe-fx as sound card

james...

Experienced
I decided to try using my Axe-fx II as a sound card/DAC for Studio One since the converters seemed very good. But I have a few questions.

1. For some reason the playback audio coming out of the Axe-fx sounds somewhat less bassy than the audio through my PC sound card. Now my first thought was "Maybe I'm hearing cleaner audio through the Axe-fx since it's a higher quality DAC?" But it doesn't really make sense for it to be LESS bassy since it's 4800khz while my onboard audio is 44. Does anyone else experience this? It might be my imagination but I'm pretty sure I'm hearing it consistently.

2. I found that when I was using the Axe-fx II as the sound card in my DAW, I would run out of CPU quicker than if I was using my motherboard ASIO DAC. I did remedy this by switching the AXE-fX samples to 8000ish instead of the default 2048. That helped with the CPU load, except my meters in Studio One all are very laggy. It's kind of annoying.

Anyone have some answers?

Ok.

You might need a Mod done to your headphone out on your axe fx II. Mine had the same problem.
I got mine,in the summer,hven g66 got them.

EU ? Og Direct from FAS ?

I would contact FAS. Just in case,it was the same problem om my Unit.
The lack of "bass" using the headphone out.

Try to do a recording.. line out,xlr out.. and the headphone out. If it`s not the same.. i think it`s the same as mine .
I got to borrow a friends soundcard..

I don't see how that would help.

The headphone out of the Axe-fx has noticeably less bass than other sources, like my phone for one.

I think that if my phone is putting out more bass than the Axe-fx II, we have an issue.

Back
Top Bottom