Question on using FM3 just as audio interface

Nimbas

Inspired
Hey guys - I was wanting to check out some of Neural DSP's stand alone plugins - so I did a free trial and downloaded one and am using it stand alone. I setup a new patch on my FM3 that was just IN > OUT. I can't really hear much coming from the plugin - the dry tone seems to overpower everything. I tried the BYPASS patch with the same result. What am I doing wrong? If I turn everything up super loud it sounds terrible but I can hear something - but then there's a terrible delay in my picking but the setup in the plugin says it's running at 10ms.

There are other plugins and stuff like that I'd like to play with so just wondering how you guys set this up?

Yeah I don't get it - how does everyone use these plugins? Using ASIO drivers - FM3 as input/output device. Anything other than 512 buffer clips up the sound like it can't process it. Huge delay in my playing from what I hear - and I hear the dry signal in the mix very loud. I don't really get it.

There are a couple of different ways to do it, but probably the simplest for you is:

1) Use usb channels 3/4 as your input to your computer (DAW or NDSP standalone). That way it doesn't matter what preset you have loaded into your FM3.
2) Monitor only the computer output. You don't want to hear the output of the FM3 grid. You only want to hear the output from the computer. The way to do this depends on how you have your rig set up. For example, you could bypass the output block in the grid.

There are a couple of different ways to do it, but probably the simplest for you is:

1) Use usb channels 3/4 as your input to your computer (DAW or NDSP standalone). That way it doesn't matter what preset you have loaded into your FM3.
2) Monitor only the computer output. You don't want to hear the output of the FM3 grid. You only want to hear the output from the computer. The way to do this depends on how you have your rig set up. For example, you could bypass the output block in the grid.
1)Not sure what you mean - there's only one way to hook up the usb to the computer right? I don't see a way to set input as usb in NDSP standalone via ASIO?
2)Not sure what you mean here either - how do I monitor only computer output? I hear the computer via my FM3 - if I have a blank grid I hear nothing?

Back
Top Bottom