Question for Friedman asm-12 owners

My ASM sounds fine in both the standard horizontal (wedge) position, however I mainly have it positioned in the upright/vertical position so that the rest of the band can hear it better because of the sound dispersion.

In terms of how you're proposing to do it, can't say I've tried it.. could be worth trying though for something different! I remember taking the grill off once, so yeah I reckon it could be done............... maybe.. Why you'd want to do that I don't know..

Ah okay, cool. The reason I ask, is because it will be in a standard backline position on top of either a road case, or 4x12 (purely for air and controlled feedback). In order to sit it flat, I would have to remove the handle, or flip it upside down (making the handle on top) and I'd want to flip the grill so it doesn't say Friedman upside down :)

Predictably, two Friedmans sound awesome. I just plugged in a Strat and belted out some simple rock chords with the HBE model, but it put a big smile on my face. One thing I notice is that the stereo separation seems to sound better than either the Atomics or my studio monitors (Equator D8). I just have them arranged in a wedges side-by-side very close to my playing area. I would encourage anyone who can to get two ASMs.

I'm debating whether to leave them as wedges or pole mount them. I have kids and dogs in the house so I'd be afraid that either of them would knock one of the monitors over if they were on poles.

Back
Top Bottom