question for cliff or the team at FAS

drsts

Inspired
do you find that the amp makers are receptive to your work with the Axe Fx?

i think that might go two ways. 1. they might think you are cutting into their market share?
2. to my way of thinking, the Axe Fx is introducing the 'sound' of their respective amps to your customers
which may help their amp sales.

i know that i have 'discovered' several amps that i would never have even known about because of the axe fx and if i was a amp maker i would welcome that introduction
to new customers.

Some are, some are not. The tube amp industry has seen a major decline. Presumably digital modeling products are responsible for some of this. I'm sure other factors are also to blame.

Yeah like how much they weigh, and how bulky they're hahah, and the pain in the arse of changing out tubes, or the fact they can sound different from tube change to tube change, and lastly, the cost, for one amp it can be thousands....

Yeah like how much they weigh, and how bulky they're hahah, and the pain in the arse of changing out tubes, or the fact they can sound different from tube change to tube change, and lastly, the cost, for one amp it can be thousands....
More small venues are asking players to ditch the tube amp rigs. And more players are sick of throttling back amps and living with anemic dynamics and tone. Quantum and AX8 will assimilate a lot of working musicians if AX8 is around $1k-1.5k US.

Back
Top Bottom