question concerning the 5.4 to 5.7 issue

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
OK I have stayed away from updating. I have a question. If I understand correctly the issue is when doing a backup using 5.4 + edit causing issue in 5.7. If I don't do a backup and just update I should be ok right? I think that is how I am reading things but want to be double sure

I asked the same questions.
Still do a backup just incase. But don't reload all the updated stock presets and overwrite you're current presets, AND THEN try and reload your backup presets back into 5.07. That will cause a problem.

I updated and everything was fine as long as I wasn't loading in my backup of 5.04 presets.

My personal patches worked just fine in 5.7 just by leaving them in there, with the exception of any dual delay blocks in which the R Delay Time was way out of whack... I had to return it to it's original time, then all was good. As posted by boltrecords, I would do a backup just in case something goes wrong, but you shouldn't need to reload them. And if you find a stock preset is out of whack, it's probably the dual delay.

You can still audition all the updated stock presets right from axe manage and if you like one just save it to a preset

Updated both editor and firmware without a problem. No problem either with my patches using the send block or dual delay (which was set to tempo).

The issue with backup only has to do with the SYSTEM backups.

It does not have to do with any other type of backups.

The other issue is with corrupt presets. It is pretty random on what presets and what blocks are affected. Fractal is investigating the corrupt presets to see if the can figure out why.

What we do know.
It isn't common. Most users will have no issues.
The corruption only manifests itself in the new firmware. If you revert to the old firmware the presets will work fine.
For 99.9% of the people, overwriting the preset with a known good preset and recreating the preset from scratch will stop the freezing. When I say scratch, I mean don't use saved presets or effects and reload. I mean recreate all the parameters yourself.

I haven't updated mine yet. I guess it's the lack of new features (not complaining, just saying its not a super sexy update for me) that hasn't driven me to do it so far. That and some of the threads I've read of corrupt this, and messed up patches. I'll probably update later tonight just for the hell of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't updated mine yet. I guess it's the lack of new features (not complaining, just saying its not a super sexy update for me) that hasn't driven me to do it so far. That and some of the threads I've read of corrupt this, and messed up patches.

+1 I should add that I'm really enjoying the sounds that I'm getting with 5.4 too. Thanks Fractal.

Back
Top Bottom