Question about Resonators

Radley

Experienced
Does anyone know how to use the resonator block to accomplish a similar effect as the GT8/GT10 resonators? The Boss effect is less 'processed-sounding' and basically uses only one resonator at a time to achieve some very realistic Cab resonances which can be adjusted stronger or weaker. Thanks in advance.

Moving to Ultra forum. But, the Resonator is designed for more extreme sounds similar to what you can do with eventide stuff (comb filtering). It can be used for your purpose, but that was not its design intent. Don't let the similar names fool you. Set the levels down on all but one resonator, choose resonant freq and amount of feedback. Manual mode and I'm going to guess put the filter location in front.

The Axe-Fx UltraTM Resonator is four resonant comb filters in parallel. By tuning the comb filters
a metallic or resonant timbre can be achieved from normally non-musical signals. The Resonator
works best on transient signals like speech or percussion but can also be used to add unique
character to musical inputs.

The block is four resonators in parallel. If you only want the sound of single resonator turn the level of three of them to zero.

basically it seems you have to dumb it down to get to the boss level... haha just kidding :p

chrisallen8888 said:
basically it seems you have to dumb it down to get to the boss level... haha just kidding :p
ROTF! :shock: :lol: :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :shock:

~Rad~

After some major exprerimenting, I can report that the resonators can be used in a similar fashion as the Boss counterparts, but the sound achieved is somewhat different - there is always a stronger regeneration (feedback) quality with the AFX resonators, even with a zero feedback setting. Not sure why that would be but regardless, I was able to add some very interesting resonances to the standard IR Cabs using only one or two resonators at a time. If you want to experiment with them, I would recommend turning the levels of all but one resonator to 0, so you can hear exactly how a single unit sounds/responds like before adding more.

~Rad~

Back
Top Bottom