Question about presets.

Jason W.

Inspired
I feel like an idiot here, but I have never used axe-edit, nor ever downloaded a preset from axechange. I just updated my Mark II to 5.02 along with the latest preset banks, but I also would like to grab a couple presets from axechange. Is it possible, without using axe-edit, to download a couple presets and get them into my Mark II? Also, must whatever presets I choose have to have been created using a Quantum firmware? If this is possible, how can it be done? Thanks

I feel like an idiot here, but I have never used axe-edit, nor ever downloaded a preset from axechange. I just updated my Mark II to 5.02 along with the latest preset banks, but I also would like to grab a couple presets from axechange. Is it possible, without using axe-edit, to download a couple presets and get them into my Mark II? Also, must whatever presets I choose have to have been created using a Quantum firmware? If this is possible, how can it be done? Thanks

I would strongly recommend getting this:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractool-the-ultimate-fractal-device-multitool.112538/

You can use it to load presets into your Mark II with a doubleclick and you won't have to worry where they come from; it will automatically convert XL/XL+/AX8 presets to work on the Mark II. It has alot of other capabilities as well.

You can also load presets using Fractalbot. It that case, you will have to make sure that you only try to load Mark I/Mark II presets.
-
Austin

Last edited:
Once you send a preset to the Axe, it goes in a temporary memory. Then if you decide to save it, hit save you can choose which prest to overwrite

Seriously axe edit is sooo easy to use. I'm actually the opposite - I have no idea how to use the front panel of the axe.. ha ha !

Once you send a preset to the Axe, it goes in a temporary memory. Then if you decide to save it, hit save you can choose which prest to overwrite
Thanks! Can I use presets from pre-quantum firmwares? And how do I find it in the temporary memory?

Yes you can use older presets, but they may sound somewhat different than when originally created due to firmware changes along the way. Also, MK I and II users can no longer use presets created with FW older than version 15.08 when Q5 and up are loaded. It was part of the sacrifice to make the new firmware small enough for those models. XL and XL+ users don't have that limitation. Not sure if Fractool can work around that or not.

The "temporary memory" is just the currently loaded preset. It's loaded into RAM memory so if you want to keep it permanently, you have to hit the Save button and choose a location for it. Otherwise it's lost when the next preset loads or when you power off the Axe II. It lets you try a preset out without having to save it anywhere. If you use Axe Edit or Fractal Bot, you can also choose the location for permanently saving the preset before it gets transferred over if you want.

Yes you can use older presets, but they may sound somewhat different than when originally created due to firmware changes along the way. Also, MK I and II users can no longer use presets created with FW older than version 15.08 when Q5 and up are loaded. It was part of the sacrifice to make the new firmware small enough for those models. XL and XL+ users don't have that limitation. Not sure if Fractool can work around that or not.

The "temporary memory" is just the currently loaded preset. It's loaded into RAM memory so if you want to keep it permanently, you have to hit the Save button and choose a location for it. Otherwise it's lost when the next preset loads or when you power off the Axe II. It lets you try a preset out without having to save it anywhere. If you use Axe Edit or Fractal Bot, you can also choose the location for permanently saving the preset before it gets transferred over if you want.

Great, very helpful! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom