PSA: Cheap EZDrummer 2.0 upgrade path

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
OK, EZDrummer 2.0 will be available in early May of this year. Not sure what the retail price will be, but if you buy and register EZDrummer 1 between now and then you get a free upgrade. They have it on their website for $179. Now one of the advantages of buy v1 and upgrading is that you get the drum packs that come with v1 along with the new ones in v2 which is a total of 4 packs.

But if you really want to save some money there is a guy on e-Bay who is an authorized dealer who is selling them for $149. He sends you an email with the serial number and you go straight to Toontrack, download and register.

Toontrack Ezdrummer EZ Drummer Software Electronic Delivery | eBay <--(I am not affiliated in any way with this guy)

BUT if you are even cheaper he has a Best Offer option. The worst he can do is say no or make a counter offer.

Now some people may be skeptical of EZDrummer and I can say that after installing v1 that it's not the most powerful thing ever coded, but if you watch the video for EZD2.0 it looks pretty damn impressive. I'm not a drummer and drum tracks are always my biggest issue. They have implemented some features for song creation and modifying the grooves that are just amazing to me. Basically it does a lot of the things that you would have to do in piano roll with the twist of a knob. It also has this killer tap to search feature that just boggles my mind. They've increased the number of channels, added some effects, and it even looks prettier....because we know that is important.

This is about 30-40 minutes, but it goes over a lot of the big things.

If you are looking to get into a drum program that's proven for cheap I don't see how you beat this deal.

Hey, thanks for that PSA! I use EZDrummer ('cause I suck at drums) and got Superior Drummer on special for $99 over the holidays.

I think its a great product. I even have EZKeys ('cause I suck at keys). I built some cool little vamps with those two.

I'll look into that deal.

I got EZD when Sweetwater was running a sale for $29 -- v2 looks like it addresses most of my gripes about it. Very nice and a sure upgrade.

I just wish they'd put the darn camera on a stand for that video. The constant swaying was enough to make you seasick!:uncomfortableness:

TT

Back
Top Bottom