PRS CU24 pickups

I definitely wouldn't recommend 85/15's UNLESS you've heard them and like them. I've been trying to figure out what to replace them with in my CU24, too thin and low end is practically nonexistent.

I would give 57/08s a try before 85/15s. I have all three and I'm a bit surprised you don't like the 59/09s as they are my favorite PRS pickups outside of 408s but those aren't an option. Although obviously we don't all like the same things.

If you want to try something different give Sherm a call at Stocktone Pickups. He is a small builder in Indiana. He made me a couple of sets of pickups after we chatted and they are amazing.

Sometimes buying new pickups is less about buying something better, but getting that dopamine hit of validation from researching extensively and watching youtube videos and scouring forums to figure out the perfect pickup. Unfortunately, so much of it seems like snake oil to me aside from like...magnet type and pickup style. FWIW I have lots of PRS guitars and ive noticed i typically take the pickups out. My current go to set is a Dragon 2 Bass and Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special Bridge for HH guitars. I have that in a singlecut with the Prs "resistor mod" to keep a portion of the coils on.

Back
Top Bottom