Product Delay

Are you guys gonna be buying the EV-1 expression as well?

I have two of them on my main board, and LOVE THEM. I swapped out a pair of Mission expression controllers for the EV-1s. They are, as has been observed, big pedals. They have fantastic feel, and a lovely long throw for fine-tuning. I'm very pleased with them and highly recommend them.

I have two of them on my main board, and LOVE THEM. I swapped out a pair of Mission expression controllers for the EV-1s. They are, as has been observed, big pedals. They have fantastic feel, and a lovely long throw for fine-tuning. I'm very pleased with them and highly recommend them.

I'm definitely gonna buy 2 when the FX-8 is released. Just out of interest what's the demensions on them? Are they similar in size to mission stuff and say a dunlop vol pedal?

Cheers

Paul

I am ordering two of these EVs. It will be cool if a pedalboard co. makes something specifically for this...say a FX8 with two EV-1s. Something lightweight and specifically designed for Fractal products. I've always used a pedaltrain with the MFC and it's fine but something that fits like a glove would be great. I gig in New York and stuff takes a beating. Even in the Pedaltrain hard-cover things still bang around in transit.

I am ordering two of these EVs. It will be cool if a pedalboard co. makes something specifically for this...say a FX8 with two EV-1s. Something lightweight and specifically designed for Fractal products. I've always used a pedaltrain with the MFC and it's fine but something that fits like a glove would be great. I gig in New York and stuff takes a beating. Even in the Pedaltrain hard-cover things still bang around in transit.

I wondering if the FX-8 and 2 EV's will fit on a PT-3? Should go on a PT-PRO though.

Hmmm . . .

Great Quality Policy , one more reason to love FAS ;)

One time, I was catching the last flight of the day out of DCA (Washington Reagan) on American Airlines. When I arrived at the gate (and there was no other passengers there), I asked the ticket agent when "we" would be leaving. She replied, "Oh, I'm sorry, that flight has been cancelled." Assuming that they had cancelled it because the only passenger and I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted to burn the jet time for lil' ole' me, I went ahead and asked the quesiton, "Really? Why did they do that?" With a knowing look in her face, she looked at me, smiled and said, "Well, let's see what THEY put in there." After typing in a million keystrokes, she looked at the screen puzzled, looked back at me and said, "Well, they said that the co-pilot's windshield wiper is non-functional. That's pretty creative, I guess." The thing is, she and I both knew that the reason they cancelled the flight was because, though I've been blessed, I'm not exactly "personal jet" material and they have better things to spend $15,000 on. At the same time, it could very well be true that the copilot's windshield wiper was broken.

One time, I was catching the last flight of the day out of DCA (Washington Reagan) on American Airlines. When I arrived at the gate (and there was no other passengers there), I asked the ticket agent when "we" would be leaving. She replied, "Oh, I'm sorry, that flight has been cancelled." Assuming that they had cancelled it because the only passenger and I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted to burn the jet time for lil' ole' me, I went ahead and asked the quesiton, "Really? Why did they do that?" With a knowing look in her face, she looked at me, smiled and said, "Well, let's see what THEY put in there." After typing in a million keystrokes, she looked at the screen puzzled, looked back at me and said, "Well, they said that the co-pilot's windshield wiper is non-functional. That's pretty creative, I guess." The thing is, she and I both knew that the reason they cancelled the flight was because, though I've been blessed, I'm not exactly "personal jet" material and they have better things to spend $15,000 on. At the same time, it could very well be true that the copilot's windshield wiper was broken.

Apparently you have some inside knowledge about the reason for this product's delay, mind sharing?

Honestly, I believe that FAS is telling the truth. They simply want to make sure that the FX8 meets their quality standard and that should be met with admiration, not sarcasm. Then again, I'm new to this forum, so what do I know? I just don't see the reason for them to lie about this, which is why I ask you to enlighten us knewbs :).

cool story bro :)

You got us. The real reason the product has been delayed is because, uh, aliens, yeah that's it, aliens. We're being sued by aliens for patent infringement. Turns out our effects algorithms infringe upon a patent on Omicron Persei 8. So we're fighting it out in intergalactic patent appellate court. It's not going well though, they keep eating our attorneys or shrinking them with PU-36 Space Modulators.

You got us. The real reason the product has been delayed is because, uh, aliens, yeah that's it, aliens. We're being sued by aliens for patent infringement. Turns out our effects algorithms infringe upon a patent on Omicron Persei 8. So we're fighting it out in intergalactic patent appellate court. It's not going well though, they keep eating our attorneys or shrinking them with PU-36 Space Modulators.

Too bad Boba Fett and Greedo aren't around anymore to offer FAS their services...mebbe you could get Han Solo out of retirement to deal some space-justice...

Turns out our effects algorithms infringe upon a patent on Omicron Persei 8. So we're fighting it out in intergalactic patent appellate court.
It's the new Rotary. I just know it.

I loves me a good Futurama reference. :encouragement:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2240eb36e9ab6dfae58996d55d46521b.jpg
    2240eb36e9ab6dfae58996d55d46521b.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 582
Obviously people are wondering when the product will ship. We have had a quality issue with the aluminum bezel where the silkscreen is not up to our quality standards. This has required a rework of that part to make the paint adhere better. The factory is on holiday (Chinese NY) until the end of this month. When they return it will be a couple weeks to fabricate new parts and then units should be ready for sale soon after.

We could ship them as-is but we believe in quality first and foremost so we're going to redo these parts.

I've been off the grid and just caught this update. Those messed up silk screened units will invariably become highly sought after units 5-10 years from now. "Yeah, I have one of the original F'd-up silk screened units....I got mine from Steve Vai's tech's brother in law."

Been talking with Brad Bartosz at Best-Tronics about this. They are going to offer custom pedalboards with FX-8 and expression pedals mounted (and assuming AX-8 eventually) as a value added service with the purchase of a fractal unit once they become available. They will also be building custom cable looms to go with the boards to work within your rig. My last communication with him didn't give me any more info about availability than we've seen here, so I haven't posted about it before now. They have a few photos on their website of pedalboards they've done in the past though, and they look fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom