Problem with x/y switching?

DavidE

Power User
I had some issues with the x/y switching at my gig last night. Several times I held down a switch for several seconds and it wouldn't switch from x to y or y to x. Instead it would turn the effect on and off. The global time for sensing which function to choose is the factory setting which I think is .5 seconds . I'll try to reproduce this at home, but in the midst of the gig while playing, singing and leading the band I didn't notice any pattern as to when it worked or didn't work.

And yes, it did work most of the time so it's not that the right side switches were changed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

FW 2.0.

Last edited:
If I accidentally lift just after pressing and think I've been holding it down steady I have had that happen.
At least, thats what I attributed it to...

there is a setting in 2.0 that can turn off the "hold for XY" function. perhaps you turned it off? it's difficult to tell from your description so far, so let us know how your testing goes.

there is a setting in 2.0 that can turn off the "hold for XY" function. perhaps you turned it off? it's difficult to tell from your description so far, so let us know how your testing goes.

If that were the case, it wouldn't work at all. As stated above, it worked most of the time.

It sounds as though you are not holding the switch long enough. If the press and hold has not executed, the bypass will execute as soon as the switch has released. If reassigning one of the function switches to X/Y doesn't work for you, try shortening your press and hold time to 0.25 seconds.

It sounds as though you are not holding the switch long enough. If the press and hold has not executed, the bypass will execute as soon as the switch has released. If reassigning one of the function switches to X/Y doesn't work for you, try shortening your press and hold time to 0.25 seconds.

I agree it sounds like that, but I'm positive that I held it well beyond the .5 seconds several times trying to get it to change the x/y state. I'll try to make some time this week to test it at home and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom