Problem with FX Loop

Jbmetal

Inspired
I'm having a weird problem with my effects loop that I can't seem to figure out. I have a Ditto Looper in the fx loop and I just noticed that if I have delay before the FX Loop block, it sounds like there's some bit reduction happening. It almost sounds like distortion, but it's only happening on the delay. I'll attach a recording I made comparing the Delay block first before the FX Loop, then after it.

Any suggestions would be great.

Last edited:
I don't have on Bit Reduction. And you can hear in clip that it only sounds like that before the effects loop. All I did was drag it to after the fx loop block in Axe-Edit and it sounded normal.

High cut is at max. I've checked everything in the delay block and it's all normal. I even reset the block and it's still doing it.

I figured it out, though I still don't necessarily understand what was happening. I thought it kind of sounded like clipping, so I bypassed the FX Loop block and it was super loud. I had the send turned way down on the FX Loop block, so it was bringing it back to a normal level. I think I was clipping the input the Delay block if that's even possible. Weird.

Check the parameters of the before and after blocks for any differences. Something is rolling off the top end of the delay; it's just a matter of finding it.

Edit: Disregard. I just read your last post.

Back
Top Bottom