Problem Loading IR's

GuitarDojo

I am trying out AlbertA's Uber CHugga Patch.

From AlbertA at Axechange.net
Here's a high gain patch that will make you go Chugga Chugga :) I'm using a Schecter Hellraiser with EMG 81/85. The patch uses 2 amps (PowerBall and Recto New) and 4 different cabinets with a little GEQ and my usual early reflections verb. The 4 cabinets used are the following: The Clawfinger Mesa IR's available from axechange: User 1: Clawfinger's Mesa with V30 on Axis with EAW (revised), User 2:Clawfinger's Mesa with V30 45 degrees off Axis with EAW (Revised) You can get these two from Clawfinger's IR website: User 5: Marshall_EW480_OffAxis.syx User 6: Marshall_EW480_OnAxis.syx

I have already tried this patch:
Walk Dimebag, posted by AlbertA 6/29/2008
Uses the Diezel amp with heavy customizations and a custom Randall Cab IR (Patch uses user slot 10). The cab has been uploaded as well search for "Randall Dimebag CAB IR". This is my second attempt to get that "Walk" guitar tone using a Schecter Hellraiser with EMG 81/85 pups. Edit: New version up. A few tweaks to the PEQs and the IR.

I tried the Walk patch first and loaded the Randall Dimebag CAB in user slot 10. Works Perfect!!!

Now. I loaded the Uber Chugga patch but the IR's dont show up after I load them. Has any one had any problems?
I used Lars editor and I tried Alberts utility.

Well, I didn't try those specific IRs yet, but I loaded up all of the user slots with Clawfinger IRs yesterday without a problem that I could notice...
Using Vista and Lars' editor.

AlbertA said:
I'm in.

GuitarDojo, can you walks us trhough what exactly you do to load the IR's?

Went over the steps again (for the 100th time) and it worked!!!!

Dump my bank . Loaded preset in editor. Uploaded IR's to their slots and saved. Changed patch and then went back and there they were.

You do know the IR's are global and not per preset uploadable? i.e. you can load a total of 10 user IRs and select one per cab in a preset. You can have two cab blocks, so four IRs per preset. And the names of the IRs are not customizable, they stay as user 1 -10.

I'm sorry if I'm jumping the gun here. I got the impression you might be ci=onfused about this. It's just you don't need to have the intended preset in the editor for uploading the IRs. i.e.: load up the IRs, then go to the preset you want to use them on and select them with either the editor or the Axe's buttons.

Dutch said:
You do know the IR's are global and not per preset uploadable?

Yes.I know...but that was the only patch that I had that used those IR's. I loaded it to troubleshoot. I am a visual person....or is that auditory. :D I had to hear it since the IR name does not change.

GuitarDojo said:
Dutch said:
You do know the IR's are global and not per preset uploadable?

Yes.I know...but that was the only patch that I had that used those IR's. I loaded it to troubleshoot. I am a visual person....or is that auditory. :D I had to hear it since the IR name does not change.

Another thing is if you're using "User 10" in the patch and upload an IR to that slot, you have to turn the knob to actually load it into the RAM memory. Fooled me in the beginning.

GuitarDojo said:
AlbertA said:
I'm in.

GuitarDojo, can you walks us trhough what exactly you do to load the IR's?

Went over the steps again (for the 100th time) and it worked!!!!

Dump my bank . Loaded preset in editor. Uploaded IR's to their slots and saved. Changed patch and then went back and there they were.

Were you using the Media Center PC? If so, what midi interface is working for you?

The midisport 2x2 worked fine in Windows Xp pro and Media Center editions.
I had to buy a anniversary edition to work with Win 7 64bit. (I needed 2 anyway) :D

For me the method is not working

Mac OS 10.5.8
Midi over Fireface 400 RME
SysEx Librarian Software

I am able to update the Firmware on the axe-fx with my setup no problem but I can´t load up a different user cab no matter what I do. (The same goes for the same setup under xp with midi ox)

11&2 said:
For me the method is not working

Mac OS 10.5.8
Midi over Fireface 400 RME
SysEx Librarian Software

I am able to update the Firmware on the axe-fx with my setup no problem but I can´t load up a different user cab no matter what I do. (The same goes for the same setup under xp with midi ox)
Did you try the Beta Editor for Mac?

Yeah that one works 0.8300.

But given the fact that the editor is still in beta and might mess with my presets I rather not use it.

11&2 said:
Yeah that one works 0.8300.

But given the fact that the editor is still in beta and might mess with my presets I rather not use it.

Then just don't use it for editing presets.

Back
Top Bottom