Preset Slots Corrupted?? Hoping it's not a hardware issue... Help!

I was just tweaking some new presets when it seems like my preset slots got corrupted. Some had no sound at all... others started behaving like a "gated delay" where all I was getting was the delay - kind of hard to describe. I tried loading from presets into the slots that were having issues but that didn't work, even tried loading presets into blank preset slots that I have, but no matter where I loaded them I got the same thing.

Sent my most recent backup to the Axe-FX using Axe-Manage, and got the same thing. So far nothing has helped. Power-cycled the unit - no luck. Closed Axe-Edit and made sure it was not running in task manager - no luck.

I have not tried a reset - this doesn't seem like anything that would be caused by any of the settings that would be reset...

I'm not sure what to try next... Help!

I won't be able to try anything until I get home from work tomorrow (getting late here now, not that I'll be getting any sleep...) but any suggestions are welcome...

Thanks!

I would Reset then Re-Load newest Firmware & newest Factory Banks.

Make sure you back up everything you want to save.

Well... I figured it out... When I was tweaking the new presets, I had started with a copy of an existing preset, which had linked global Delay and Reverb Blocks. In the new presets I had changed them to parallel, so they had different settings, which caused the older patches using the effects in series to essentially cut off the signal. I should be able to re-create the older ones without too much work...

Pro Tip: Un-Link Global Blocks before making major changes

Back
Top Bottom