Preset Increment/Decrement Start/End: Cannot do from Current?

j20056

Trying to setup my MIDI pedalboard to allow scrolling through presets by increments/decrements.
I found the way to assign a CC for both under MIDI/Remote>>Other.
However, there is no option to start from CURRENT, as it seems like you MUST pass an integer number. So is there indeed no way to select the next or the prior preset via MIDI?

However, there is no option to start from CURRENT, as it seems like you MUST pass an integer number.
I'm not sure what this means. Did you try setting this up and encounter an unexpected result?

The Preset Inc/Dec Start/End parameters determine the wraparound range, when a Dec or Inc command that would have gone out of range (while on one of those preset numbers) will jump to the other end of the range. Aside from those specific cases, the Inc/Dec functions just select the preset one number higher or lower than the current preset.

I'm not sure what this means. Did you try setting this up and encounter an unexpected result?

The Preset Inc/Dec Start/End parameters determine the wraparound range, when a Dec or Inc command that would have gone out of range (while on one of those preset numbers) will jump to the other end of the range. Aside from those specific cases, the Inc/Dec functions just select the preset one number higher or lower than the current preset.
That's the behavior I was expecting, but not what I got. If I have start set at 0 and end set at 512, and say I'm currently on preset 400, then sending the CC MIDI message to increment makes me go to 0001 instead of 401, thence my posting this message.

That's the behavior I was expecting, but not what I got. If I have start set at 0 and end set at 512, and say I'm currently on preset 400, then sending the CC MIDI message to increment makes me go to 0001 instead of 401, thence my posting this message.
Do you have preset mapping turned on?

Got it to work, thanks. I think I had the max set at zero, maybe it was the default value, dunno. thanks again. Coming from the arcane and isolated world of the Eventide H9000, it is INCREDIBLY refreshing and encouraging to get an almost immediate response time on this board. That was the second most important reason why I bought an AxeFXIII but you guys definitely deliver. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom