Preset Build Help

WITELITE

Experienced
Just trying to better understand the concept here. I attached a screenshot of the preset which includes the electric signal (top 2 rows) and the acoustic piezo signal bottom two rows. I'm trying to save CPU by looking at ways to share delay and reverb blocks since I'm rarely using both acoustic and electric at the same time

Not sure why the patch is this way but the bottom piezo one has splits to blank blocks. I get why you would want to do that towards the end (assuming to blend a wet and dry signal) but when I went to delete the blank blocks it had a noticeable volume drop. Is that cause it is doubling the signal based on the way it is set up? Any reason to do this.

Advice as well as recommendations for effects sharing welcome.

Thanks

MM

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-03-30 10.35.43.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-03-30 10.35.43.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 65
Just trying to better understand the concept here. I attached a screenshot of the preset which includes the electric signal (top 2 rows) and the acoustic piezo signal bottom two rows. I'm trying to save CPU by looking at ways to share delay and reverb blocks since I'm rarely using both acoustic and electric at the same time

Not sure why the patch is this way but the bottom piezo one has splits to blank blocks. I get why you would want to do that towards the end (assuming to blend a wet and dry signal) but when I went to delete the blank blocks it had a noticeable volume drop. Is that cause it is doubling the signal based on the way it is set up? Any reason to do this.

Advice as well as recommendations for effects sharing welcome.

Thanks

MM

I've worked on this and assume that the blank blocks and paths on the 4th row just add another instance of the signal which is why removing it causes the volume drop I guess. So that leads me to a second question. Is it possible to share the delay and reverb between the left (magnetic) and right (piezo) channels without getting anything else from those channels?

Delay & reverb can be shared. Move your piezo effects earlier in the grid and connect to delay instead of end of grid. Swap the delay & GEQ positions if you want that EQ applied only to the mag sound. Does that work how you'd like? There will be reverb of both tones in both output channels, but I'm not sure if that's a problem based on your description. If you wanted to use one stereo delay like two separate mono delays you need to balance the signals L/R before delay.

Last edited:
Delay & reverb can be shared. Move your piezo effects earlier in the grid and connect to delay instead of end of grid. Swap the delay & GEQ positions if you want that EQ applied only to the mag sound. Does that work how you'd like? There will be reverb of both tones in both output channels, but I'm not sure if that's a problem based on your description. If you wanted to use one stereo delay like two separate mono delays you need to balance the signals L/R before delay.

Thanks Bakerman. You're always quick to help. I really appreciate that. Not sure I understand earlier in the chain though. Row 3 is the Piezo. It has the volume Panned for the Input 1 Right. The GEQ just shapes the tone and the Filter provides a boost if needed. Im fine with Reverb on both tones if on. I'd get rid of the reverb block in Row 3 if I could share them but not sure where to place them. Sorry I'm missing this

Thanks

I've worked on this and assume that the blank blocks and paths on the 4th row just add another instance of the signal which is why removing it causes the volume drop I guess.
That's it. Those shunt blocks are adding in another copy of your signal, and that's doubling your level.

Any reason to do this?
They're probably leftovers from experiments, trying out other blocks. The patch creator didn't like them there, so he replaced them with shunts.

delay_verb_share.jpg

Back
Top Bottom