Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

Yes but it's quite difficult to do a precise 10 seconds smooth fade out with the Foot ;)
A dampening curve would allow you to change the rate of change. You could have it do a long fade by stomping on the heel, but still use the pedal effectively with a moderate dampening when you are not at the heel position.

A dampening curve would allow you to change the rate of change. You could have it do a long fade by stomping on the heel, but still use the pedal effectively with a moderate dampening when you are not at the heel position.
Another awesome idea :)

The Keystone DSPs (that I'm aware of) have a pretty wicked ethernet co-processor with all the bells and whistles. They have native 10Gb and a full security and packet processor onboard. I wonder if the Fractal folks will ever be exposing that to the world? Wouldn't it be awesome to have a AFIII on the network to sync presets, load IRs, and expose loads of automation, etc etc? Maybe even send audio over ethernet instead of pulling USB cables?

There is no better digital modeler on planet earth than the Axe III.

Even my massive, over-kill effects blocks presets I've put into the beta unit I have for testing haven't reached 80% yet. I put in the pedalboard rig from hell, and still had plenty of power left over. You could do gigs with ONE preset using the 8 scenes per preset (you can name them!), with multiple amps in a preset no problem.

You can get get FOUR amp channels in a single amp block. They switch gap-lessly. 2048 new factory cabs over the 189 we have now (plus we keep the old ones too as legacy ones), and you can mix up to four in a single cab block.

It's awesome, no better tool to sculpt tones!
Hey AB.... When can we hear some of the new features? It is like Xmas right after.... Xmas...

Man, that is really disappointing.

Why is that, if you don't mind me asking? What gear is there out there that sounds as good and has this fabled gapless switching that a few of you consider deal breakers? Am I missing something?

Conversation Ive never heard:

Q: Hey man, how was that _____(insert any number of amazing players here...Petrucci, Vai, Satriani, etc...) show last night?

A; it was fantastic, amazing playing... but in the end I was really disappointed because was able to detect a .35 ms gap when he switched sounds...I think the crowd may have noticed as well...could have been stellar if only they used the right gear.

As I've said, maybe it's me but it's never been something I've even heard. or anyone else even mention until yesterday.

I'm reminded of my father in law who would bitch for weeks if he won the Powerball because he would be upset that he had to pay taxes on it.

Some seek the negative at all cost's for what reason I cannot understand.

I suspect that those who find this so egregious will migrate off to wherever the people who had problems with fan noise in the 2 went.

If theres one thing I've learned in my seven years with the Axe, it's to trust Cliff. He designed it that way for a reason, and history has shown that he is willing to incorporate user request that may have not been considered at the design stage,(hardware permitting). Think of the growth we got with the 2, and then apply that to this platform....staggering to consider where he can go next with this.

Last edited:
So there are four processors in this thing. Cool. :)

How do they work? In the II, one processor is reserved for the amp block and the other processor does everything else. I wonder if the III has a similar kind of reservation.

And speaking of, does having four processors do anything to input lag?

Why is that, if you don't mind me asking? What gear is there out there that sounds as good and has this fabled gapless switching that a few of you consider deal breakers? Am I missing something?

Conversation Ive never heard:

Q: Hey man, how was that _____(insert any number of amazing players here...Petrucci, Vai, Satriani, etc...) show last night?

A; it was fantastic, amazing playing... but in the end I was really disappointed because was able to detect a .35 ms gap when he switched sounds...I think the crowd may have noticed as well...could have been stellar if only they used the right gear.

As I've said, maybe it's me but it's never been something I've even heard. or anyone else even mention until yesterday.

I'm reminded of my father in law who would bitch for weeks if he won the Powerball because he would be upset that he had to pay taxes on it.

Some seek the negative at all cost's for what reason I cannot understand.

I suspect that those who find this so egregious will migrate off to wherever the people who had problems with fan noise in the 2 went.

If theres one thing I've learned in my seven years with the Axe, it's to trust Cliff. He designed it that way for a reason, and history has shown that he is willing to incorporate user request that may have not been considered at the design stage,(hardware permitting). Think of the growth we got with the 2, and then apply that to this platform....staggering to consider where he can go next with this.
Its hard to explain, but when I was using the AX8 it just threw me off. And the gap was longer than .35ms. Especially on a bunch of really short leads.

I am not trying to seek out the negative. This was the only problem that I had with the AX8. But it was big enough that I had to find another solution. Just because someone has an issue does not mean that they are a troll or attacking the product.

Back
Top Bottom