Preamp Bias

Yes, I understand that. However, the Ruby for example, should have one per schematic e.g. here
From yek's guide:

The Ruby Rocket is not the same as the Trainwreck Rocket. There are topology differences, and they don't sound the same.

From yek's guide:

The Ruby Rocket is not the same as the Trainwreck Rocket. There are topology differences, and they don't sound the same.
Sorry, meant the TW Rocket, that is what the link points to.

If the schematic you linked to is accurate, then I have no answer for you.

is the vairac control connected to the preamp circuit? On a roadster/roadking the spongy switch drops the whole amp down to the lower wattage, preamp too. i hadn't seen it written anywhere about the preamp sag control, i would assume if power amp sag set above zero engages presence and depth then if preamp sag was above zero then it would be active too, just wondering if variac powers the whole rig down or just the power section. thanks

@shatteredsquare i believe it’s power amp affecting only.

that's too bad, spongy preamps are juicy, i wonder why the variac can't be tied to the preamp as well. just reading the manual and it says 'preamp sag' off separates the preamp from power amp into two units, i would think if it was on, the variac would be connected to both pre and power amp power supplies.

is the vairac control connected to the preamp circuit? On a roadster/roadking the spongy switch drops the whole amp down to the lower wattage, preamp too. i hadn't seen it written anywhere about the preamp sag control, i would assume if power amp sag set above zero engages presence and depth then if preamp sag was above zero then it would be active too, just wondering if variac powers the whole rig down or just the power section. thanks
The whole amp voltage is reduced.

Back
Top Bottom