Powering an AXEFX on filming location ?

Hey all,
I wanna go to a abandoned place which is a killer location to shoot a video. I want to play live with my acoustic guitar going through the axe fx.
The problem is that there is no current electricity nowhere near.

What can I use to power the axe silently??

A household computer 'uninterruptible power supply' (fully charged) will give you a bit of time before you need to recharge it. But I haven't tried this yet, and i don't know if the quality of the waveform is up to the challenge - maybe someone else knows...

A decent 1500VA will give you a few of hours at least - I thought I read that the power supply is 40W, though over spec and power draw is more like 25W. Now, depending on your definition of "video shoot", that's either enough or no where near enough. I haven't ever looked inside an Axe, so I don't know if you'd need one of the pure sine wave ones or not. My hunch is not.

Other option would be power inverter and run from your 12v outlet of your car. Run time would be pretty much until you ran out of gas.

Obviously, you'll likely be running lights and other misc. equipment too (your videographer should have insights for this. At least a monitor that you run HDMI out of the camera to for playback, plus a few lights on stands). Knowing the power requirements of the full set, as it were, will help you know what you really need.

BUMP.
Has anyone tried to run an AXFX II XL off an inverter ? Is the power supply fussy about the quality of the sine wave from the inverter ? Cliff ?
I need to do a gig with no power available, and would like to run off a battery & Inverter. I have a 300VA inverter, but haven't been brave enough to crank up the Axe-FX on it yet, until I'm confident it is safe, and won't hurt the power supply.

OP - did you try it - how did it work for you ?

Cheers,

You probably want to ask Fractal support for the definitive answer to that.

I had a power outage here due to tree falling and ripping power out and I used a generac generator
but I never once plugged my system in tempting as it was because of potenial spikes..

The car 12 volt converter might be ok if it was something like Trip lite they make great products for things like that
but they cost alot.

Back
Top Bottom