Post Your Rig!

Nice solution. No drawbacks in terms of range or anything having them mounted like that?
Got any pics?

stilwel said:
... into two Vox 2x12's...

Dec2008Rig2.jpg

Sweet!

:mrgreen: Vox. I'm green with envy! :mrgreen:

Do you use the Axe-Fx as an amp sim or effects processor?

Peace.

They are just vox cabs, not AC30's.
They are loaded with Eminence Red Fang 12" speakers.

Axe-fx does my AC30 simulation.
I turn the cab sims OFF.

winger said:
Nice solution. No drawbacks in terms of range or anything having them mounted like that?
Got any pics?

They work just fine back there. It's only an extra 18", and I'm usually no more than 10 feet away from my rig anyway.

I don't have any pics of the back.

phatdude said:
Hey Stilwel, what is the M13 for? Wondering if you find it a bit redundant with the Axe?

I use the M13 mostly for a variety of od/dist and comp sounds.

Jeff from Smashing Pumpkins also uses an Axe-Ultra and an M13 in his live rig.

I just got my Ultra and some gear to work with it in my home jam room. I think I will be selling a load of gear this rig is going to replace. :twisted:

HomeStudio-AxeFx.jpg

ACevilmuffin said:
P1010028.jpg

powering a bogner 4x12 or PL 2x12

Can you give some details on the Psionic Audio Custom Interface in your rack... what it does and how you are using it?

2:90 and my 2x12 cab with a V30 and greenback. I will probably swap out the greenback for another V30, as I don't think it can take a dedicated 90 watt channel for long. Sounds awesome, though. FCB1010 is not pictured, nor is my Stilwel Cry Baby expression pedal. I would like to find a second 1936 cab so I can have 2x12s per channel, but this sounds pretty full just as it is.

the_rig.jpg
the_rack.jpg
v30_greenback.jpg
the_rig_2.jpg

I have really enjoyed reviewing all of your rigs.

Here's mine - I mostly play through the studio monitors and run everything through the Mackie 1202-VLZ mixer.

Not shown in the pictures are:
- M-Audio BX8a monitors
- Trace Elliot Super Tramp Twin
- Peavey 5150 Combo

Attachments

• IMG_3007.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,179
  • IMG_3005.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_3009.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,289
Hank said:
I just unpacked the FBT's - they were waiting for me when i got home from work. They are the Maxx2's passives. I'll be powering them with the Carvin DCM600. The home-made rack is looking kind of empty in the bottom half these days.

131_3125.jpg

Hi Hank,

Interesting that you are using the DCM 600 to power the passive Maxx2's. What are the sonic differences, pros and cons of a powered FRFR vs a passive FRFR passive? Thanks!!

I can't say there is too much to my rig. It is really just the Axe-FX Ultra, Furman AR-15 II, 2 QSC HPR122i, Axess FX-1 w/Expander and SquareOne CryBaby Expression pedal.

The Peterson I had so I put it in the rack instead of having it laying around. The lower rack is a G-System rig with a SansAmp PSA-1 in the loop through a QSC PLX1602 to 2 EV S-152. There is a G-Force and a couple other pieces that are in the that rack but not used. Mostly I play bass through that rig but I have been playing with a patch on the Axe-FX for bass and will switch to that.

For my Axe-FX rig I'd like to add a LiquidTracks when that comes out, the Fractal MIDI footcontroller when that comes out. I'll give the Atomic FR a try when they come out and I have been cooking up an idea for a system interface that I may have custom made to do a couple things I have been thinking about.

Here is a picture of the rig:
rig_20.jpg

Here is a picture of the rig with my electric guitars:
rig_and_guitars_20.jpg

On top of my Axe-FX rig is a fishing tackle box that I used for supplies and stuff - picks, strings, tools, cotton cloths, etc.
guitar_tool_box_outside_20.jpg

guitar_tool_box_inside_20.jpg

The latest rig incarnation. AxeFx Ultra, QSC GX3, Lopo 2x12 diagnonal wired stereo loaded with Mesa C90's. PodXT/Live is performing footswitch duties at the moment.

MiraAxeRig.jpg

n1211859011_30347348_3295.jpg

Gator 6U shallow rack - no problems with seeing the tuner here ;)
Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra
Sennheiser ew172G2
Gordius Big Little Giant
Boss FLV500H
LEM T-4MA powered monitors. I personally liked them better than the QSC's. Unfortunately I think they're only available in Europe

Still looking for a flightcase for the pedals to make it complete.

Back
Top Bottom