Post here if you've received an invite for the Headphone Jack model!

I think it might be very likely that Fractal will make a bigger floor modeler sooner or later.
They did mention that there will be more fractal products that use the same architecture as Axe FX 3 and FM3, and this just seems like the natural progression. There's definitely a demand for it and a competition to beat, so it makes sense.
Personally, I want the FM3. I like the splittable modular rig design. I can have only as many switches as I need for any gig. That's convenient and Freakin cool. And while more processing power is always welcome, It has enough power for my needs.

Meanwhile, here's a wild idea:
Buy a FM3, buy a FC-6.
Take the guts out of each of them. Build a custom steel chassis for both of them, place the guts inside. Unsolder the Faslink ports and Connect them internally. Bam! A fully functional, unsplittable FM9.

Or easier solutions:
Place them on a single plywood plank... and here ya go...
Just that the faslink cable is outside, which isn't ideal, but hey...
Bam! Warranty loss within a few hours! ;)
It is a wild idea but I would not want to lose the warranty because of that :)

Some paid much, much more on Reverb just to have the unit sooner and lost their warranty by doing so. People have different preferences.
Ok, that is right but what is the advantage of a DIY selfmade "FM9" instead of having two separate units, put them on a big floorboard and still having the opportunity to use the FM 3 and the FC-6 together or separated in different situations?
Yes, you can do it if you never want to have these units separately again and if you prefer that go for it :D

If we already write about wild ideas:

Sometimes I miss the tactile feeling of working with tube amps when playing with digital stuff like FAS.
Therefore I thought of looking for a used Dr. Z Amp chassis with three knobs (Route 66, KT 45 or something like that) and
wire two of the three knobs that they work as two expression pedals connected to the FM 3 to have control of master and gain within an amp model for example....really wild idea but I loved my Dr. Z Maz 18 head and to dial in my sounds with it :D

The tangents we've now found ourselves on really underscore some things. What else can we fill the void with? Also, definitely not a targeted post directed at anyone in particular. It's frustrating to see updates to the thread without actually seeing those rare posts of 'invite received...date/time' haha. Hopefully this week gives us some more info in this area! I've actually ordered some other gear over the past couple of weeks and am going to experiment with what kind of tones I can get while I wait.

Bam! Warranty loss within a few hours! ;)
It is a wild idea but I would not want to lose the warranty because of that :)
Ya americans are only getting warranty for a year, aren't ya? :D
After that, it's the wild wild west!

Ok, that is right but what is the advantage of a DIY selfmade "FM9" instead of having two separate units, put them on a big floorboard and still having the opportunity to use the FM 3 and the FC-6 together or separated in different situations?
Yes, you can do it if you never want to have these units separately again and if you prefer that go for it :D

FM3+FC6 is brilliant. Some people just don't get the brilliance of FM3+FC6 being a modular rig and throw around the common complaint "It only has three switches! What were they thinking!?"
1591118921746.png

Still, there is a certain comfort in having a single all in one unit rather than multiple, connected with cables.
It's a bit messy. Most FM3 owners bolt their FM3, expression pedals, and extra switches onto an expensive pedalboard. Increasing the price, size and weight of their rig, which they wouldn't have to do If it was already an all-in-one...

Sometimes I miss the tactile feeling of working with tube amps when playing with digital stuff like FAS.
Therefore I thought of looking for a used Dr. Z Amp chassis with three knobs (Route 66, KT 45 or something like that) and
wire two of the three knobs that they work as two expression pedals connected to the FM 3 to have control of master and gain within an amp model for example....really wild idea but I loved my Dr. Z Maz 18 head and to dial in my sounds with it :D
Hah. Nice.
But there's even a better way of doing it, rather than as expression pedals.
There's this device for Axe FX 2, called RAC12.
1591119969545.png
It connects to the Axe FX 2 through MIDI and gives you them touchable amp knobs.
I bet something like this could be made for the FM3, and built into a combo amp chassis, alongside a solid state power amp.
Then you'd just stealthily place your FM3 into the Chassis, connect it, and have yourself a good ol tube combo-amp experience.

Come to think of it...
A stomp form unit, that has knobs on it to control your amp settings (Or whatever you want), would be a nice little companion for the FM3.

Ya americans are only getting warranty for a year, aren't ya? :D
After that, it's the wild wild west!

FM3+FC6 is brilliant. Some people just don't get the brilliance of FM3+FC6 being a modular rig and throw around the common complaint "It only has three switches! What were they thinking!?"
View attachment 68245

Still, there is a certain comfort in having a single all in one unit rather than multiple, connected with cables.
It's a bit messy. Most FM3 owners bolt their FM3, expression pedals, and extra switches onto an expensive pedalboard. Increasing the price, size and weight of their rig, which they wouldn't have to do If it was already an all-in-one...

Hah. Nice.
But there's even a better way of doing it, rather than as expression pedals.
There's this device for Axe FX 2, called RAC12.
View attachment 68246
It connects to the Axe FX 2 through MIDI and gives you them touchable amp knobs.
I bet something like this could be made for the FM3, and built into a combo amp chassis, alongside a solid state power amp.
Then you'd just stealthily place your FM3 into the Chassis, connect it, and have yourself a good ol tube combo-amp experience.

Come to think of it...
A stomp form unit, that has knobs on it to control your amp settings (Or whatever you want), would be a nice little companion for the FM3.
What the Heck? THAT'S what I am talking about 😀😀😀👏 except that it is a rack unit but if someone puts this concept into an amp head I think I am gonna buy it 🤔🤷‍♂️
It is a contradiction when we leave real tube world just to want back some of it... Like vegetarian steaks that look like a real steak.... That is the same as if a pacifist would bake a cake that looks like an AK 47 🤷‍♂️😀
Even our Volkswagen is pretty good when it comes to emissions but has two kind of fake exhausts just to make it look more sporty while the real exhaust is hidden under the car.... It is a strange world 😀🤦‍♂️

Or you know maybe more important things are happening right now that are actually preventing us from getting our Fractal toys.

No, I had no clue. /sarcasm.

My comment was regarding the novelty of having something listed as ‘civil unrest’, as if anyone waiting for shipments traveling through any metropolitan areas wouldn’t implicitly factor that into why their shipments were not progressing through postal systems.

And for the record, I’ve seen ‘wind’ listed as a justification for shipping delays...

Last edited:
Yeah, UPS screwed mine up too. I ordered the FC6 and FM3 together, they shipped each in their own box of course. Left Fractal together, made their stop in Chicago together, one went to St. Louis as it should have, the other seems to have gone back to New Hampshire. Thankfully the FM3 is the one that made it to STL, and I've been playing with it tonight. :) Don't think civil unrest had anything to do with it, I think UPS just didn't fully unload the truck.

Given the thread, should add: waitlisted 4/23/19 7:38 PM central, invited for headphone version 5/26.

Where are you getting $1399? FAS has been very clear about price at least in North America. In EU I understand there are extra costs.
When it was first announced there was a downloadable PDF that mentioned 999 direct, 1,399 retail I guess. Just wanted to check. I'm guessing it's 999 only USA/Canada and by retail it mean the rest of the world, right?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom