Bug? Possible bug/Error?

Danny Danzi

Power User
Has anyone seen this one before? I created a video but thought a pic was good enough.

This happens about an hour into using my AX8. I get a blinking 1st pedal (drive block, not the actual pedal on the board) followed by a blinking to dim "none".

Any ideas or suggestions? Updated FW etc. Thanks!

Attachments

• AX8 Error.JPG
    AX8 Error.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 38
This happens about an hour into using my AX8. I get a blinking 1st pedal (drive block, not the actual pedal on the board) followed by a blinking to dim "none".

Is a laptop and AX8-Edit hooked up when this happens? Also, did you try "Refresh after new FW" in AX8-Edit in the app?

Is a laptop and AX8-Edit hooked up when this happens? Also, did you try "Refresh after new FW" in AX8-Edit in the app?

No laptop, but AX8 edit is hooked up to a pc. Disconnecting AX8 Edit in the software doesn't stop it nor does totally shutting AX8 Edit down. The fix has been to reboot AX8 and it's fine for the rest of the day. It seems to do this an hour or so after the first boot religiously.

Yes, I did the refresh as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

More to the issue....when the error posted in the picture happens, I have no control over "quick tap preset select" using F1. I have to hold it to where it blinks in order to change presets. This only happens when I get the blinking first effect block with the "none" message. Upon reboot, all is well.

could be the exit button is sticking? I get the none display when hitting exit to get back to FS page.

brian and paranoid, that's what I think it is...a combination of both. I spoke to someone at Fractal and his reply was "sticky exit button" as well. From what I see, I either hit the button twice or press once hard and it goes away. What's weird is, the way I have my board set up, I'm not even pressing exit or working anything on the front panel. The bad thing about this is, when it happens during a song, I have to hope for no patch changes during that song as it sort of freezes up when it goes into this mode. I'm not sure if it affects scene changes....but it definitely messes with patch changes from preset to preset unless I keep F1 blinking. Effect on/off doesn't seem to be affected either. I'll keep messing with things...thanks for the replies everyone. :)

Back
Top Bottom