Pod in fx loop routing question

Scotlandyabass

Inspired
Sunning my ass in Portugal on holiday and thinking about my axe fx and wondered if I can send mono from axe fx to my pod hd 500 and return stereo to the axe fx
Anyone know if this is possible to do?

Yes, go mono from output 2L on the Axe-fx into the Pod and out Pod L/R into input 2 L/R on the Axe-fx. Make sure your I/O - Audio - Input 1 mode is set to stereo and your Output 2 mode is appropriately (depending what you doing settings will vary). The POD can the be put anywhere in the Axe-fx signal chain by using the looper block. You will need to adjust the IO-Input Input 2 level and the output 2 levels to get good levels.

Why you would want to this is a different story ;)

Why you would want to this is a different story

Just thinking about options
I've only used the 500 as a controller since arrival of my axe fx
But I thought I'd like to try it in the chain to see if I have any use for it

Sometimes it's fun to have excess, and I put my POD X3 Live in the loop like that, but in presets, give it the entire top row of the matrix, and mix it in parallel with the AXE blocks. In these cases, the AXE-FX 2 is doing a lot of pitch-shifting, and the POD may be trying to keep up, and both are abusing some sort of fuzz circuit. As you might imagine, I mix and match the levels over time, and slowly realize that I should just stick to the AXE sound alone, and keep the X3 Live for unfortunate backup scenarios. Then I do that, and my tone improves. -but it was fun to experiment!

Ah yes...the x3 Live, the spare tire of the modeling world. Until firmware 10.10 there was only one reason why you might have wanted to do this...the wah. Now it is something that can only detract from your tone.

Back
Top Bottom