Placing effects in the effects block

Axe5288

Inspired
Is it possible to place the delay and reverb in the effects block "after the preamp" while the chorus, distortion, etc... are before the pre amp, so that the delay & reverb will sustain or "ring" out and not cut off sharply, like using volumn swells. Or will this have to be accomplished using a "4" cable method?

placement of fx blocks is entirely up to you. It's a modular (grid) system - dl Axe Edit to see what it can do (I assume you don't have an Axe yet?)

Is it possible to place the delay and reverb in the effects block "after the preamp" while the chorus, distortion, etc... are before the pre amp, so that the delay & reverb will sustain or "ring" out and not cut off sharply, like using volumn swells. Or will this have to be accomplished using a "4" cable method?

To let the delay and reverb trails ring out in volume swells, you need to have the volume block *before* the delay and reverb blocks, that's all.

Input -- wah -- drive -- amp -- cab -- volume -- delay -- reverb -- output

I have the Ultra. But have experimented much. I have the axe edit on my laptop. I also own the TC eletronis G-sys. and was trying to duplicate the 4 cable method with the Effects Loop. Its really cool how the delay will just hang in this configuration. I also own the Atomic powered wedge and have it hooked up ULTRA XLR out to XLR in on wedge. And I was just wandering if the same sound could be obtained by just the placement of the FX in the block?

Hi, Does that apply to those like me that use an amp? My amp doesn't have fx loop so I can´t place the preamp before the delays...

Back
Top Bottom