Placing a miked amp in effects loop

Tubiflex

Inspired
is it possible to place a microphone in the loop after the internal amp? are there impedans and level problems when send it through a small mixer ?
It would be nice to record through a real slaveamp and cabinet and then put on effects and stereo image later in the chain. To keep the main sound as real possible

Sounds like you want to use the Axe FX as an effects unit only, which definitely has been done. You don't have to have a "internal amp" block if that's what you're looking to do - just remove any amp blocks in your patch, throw effect blocks before/after the FX loop, and you're good to go.

As for the routing, depending on what kind of amp you're working with, and the application (live vs. studio), there are several different ways to accomplish what you're describing - slaving, direct/recording outs, iso cabs, or what not.

With all that said, if you haven't heard the Axe's amp models, you might be pleasantly surprised at how "real" they sound.

I dont think you understand me right.
I love the ampsounds of the Axe-fx but i want to bypass the internal cab sim and slavesim and instead record my marshall slave and real cabs with v30 speaker cabinetets before putting on effects and send it into the computer

That would be guitar->AxeFX front->amp block--Effects Loop block->AFX Output2->SlaveAmp->cab->mic->mic pre/mixer->AFX Input2->Effects loop block-- onwards...

Back
Top Bottom