Pitch Block

Trick88

So I use a Pitch Block to do the harmonic dive bomb in the intro solo on Jet City Woman. I use a Control Switch (Momentary) and just step on it and it dives slowly. I currently have this Pitch Block on during the whole song but I can slightly hear that Whammy sound and it makes the amp tone sound not pure. Is there a way to have the Pitch Block bypassed during the song and then only engage when I step on the Control Switch?

You can do that — just assign Bypass to the same Control Switch — but it’s going to cause an awkward moment when the Pitch block kicks in.

What’s going on when you “slightly hear that whammy?” What are you hearing? A shifted pitch? Something else?

You can do that — just assign Bypass to the same Control Switch — but it’s going to cause an awkward moment when the Pitch block kicks in.

What’s going on when you “slightly hear that whammy?” What are you hearing? A shifted pitch? Something else?
It's a kind of digitized sound almost like the effect of the Pitch Block isn't 100% gone when it's off. There are some gremlins in there for sure.

It's a kind of digitized sound almost like the effect of the Pitch Block isn't 100% gone when it's off. There are some gremlins in there for sure.
The effect of the Pitch block is to change the pitch. Are you hearing a change in pitch? “Digital” doesn’t have a sound. I’m still not clear on what you’re hearing. Can you post a clip?

I know what you mean. It the whole signal getting processed so you can adjust it as needed. It's the exact thing that stopped me from having it in my preset, couldn't work a way around it. You can especially hear it in the low end, it sounds artificial.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom