Wish Pitch Block - TransTrem Sim

GuitarEC

Simple concept - take the Virtual Capo and make it transition smoothly between min / max parameters - maybe have a "time between" setting so one could assign a footswitch to smoothly pitch up/down between settings.

Not many, but Michael Hedges always comes to mind as someone who specifically wrote for the transtrem. I know I've seen a few examples from a Facebook group, but would have to research to find them.

There are more players who used it as a part of the technique more broadly, like David Torn (much of his 80's and 90's output), and a number more who recorded with a transtrem equipped guitar but not for the trem, like David Gilmour ("Sorrow" from MLoR)

Last edited:
Other than Summer Nights, what other songs is the TranTrem known to be used on, if anyone knows.
He used it on "Me Wise Magic" and I think "It's About Time". But really, if you had a high quality, controlled pitch shift - it's another tool in the unit available...

Simple concept - take the Virtual Capo and make it transition smoothly between min / max parameters - maybe have a "time between" setting so one could assign a footswitch to smoothly pitch up/down between settings.
it would take 2 minutes to set this up with the tools we already have

it would take 2 minutes to set this up with the tools we already have
Unless FW6 has added smooth stepping in Virtual Capo beyond semitones... What I'm suggesting is using the Virtual Capo with the Whammy smooth shifting.

The virtual capo and Whammy model are different. Make a recording with the virtual capo up 3 semitones, and one with the Whammy up 3 semitones. They do not sound the same.

The virtual capo and Whammy model are different. Make a recording with the virtual capo up 3 semitones, and one with the Whammy up 3 semitones. They do not sound the same.
I think the algorithms are identical, on the Axe-FX III at least. With the splicing of two blocks aligned well enough (changing one shift value to something else and back will randomly accomplish this eventually) the two types with identical settings will cancel to near silence for a while.

Last edited:
What I'm saying, is use the Virtual Capo algorithm with smooth bending instead of the Whammy algorithm which is modelled on a 90s circuit (which drastically colors the tone of a pitched note - well more than the Virtual Capo).

Back
Top Bottom