• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Pink Floyed Us and Them saxophone challenge

Roadrunner

Power User
We are playing us and them in our cover band and I'm "supposed" to play the saxophone solos….
I remember once a thread about a preset regarding a violin sound and if I'm not wrong, I think there was also something about a saxophone preset or….maybe I'm wrong…?
Anyway, anyone ever had a preset similar or close to a saxophone sound?
Thanks.

I had seen someone else mention this some time ago.. If I remember correctly it is not much of a possibility
since there are issues with getting the breathiness and that airy type honk that is needed for a convincing tone. U can do a search in the FAQ maybe u can find out more info. Simeon and Chef are ones u can ask who could tell u if its worth pursuing.

If you're talking about the razzy stuff, ya, that would be cool. Some kind of modulation effect on exp pedal might do the trick... or wammy variant.

I had seen someone else mention this some time ago.. If I remember correctly it is not much of a possibility
since there are issues with getting the breathiness and that airy type honk that is needed for a convincing tone. U can do a search in the FAQ maybe u can find out more info. Simeon and Chef are ones u can ask who could tell u if its worth pursuing.

Yes, I'm aware of the air issue but more focused on trying to get the overall basic sound character (as much a possible).
I tried it with many types of drive but it's not even starting to sound close.

Back
Top Bottom