PigWeed - When The Rest Get Left Behind

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
Just completed this song tonight... This has got to be one of my favorite new tunes that I've ever come up with! Let me know what you think.

All guitar and bass tracks are Axe-fx with 7.00 patches!!!! Loving the new tones!!!

PigWeed Soundclick

PigWeed - When The Rest Get Left Behind.mp3

Edit: Ok... after listening to Jocke's awesome new tunes... I had to go and revisit Superior Drummer 2.0 and I think I came up with something halfway decent... Please let me know what you guys think...

Here's the HQ Download and I've also updated Soundclick

PigWeed - When The Rest Get Left Behind SD2 Test.mp3

------

Edit:Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just changed the drums samples on this bad boy... let me know what you think!

SoundClick artist: PigWeed - page with MP3 music downloads

Man I love it! What does your patch look like. Are you dropping down a seven or is that an eight? And finally, id love to get all your tracks Id love to listen to them all high quality, is there anyway you could zip them up and pm me a link? thanks man!

Awesome!!! Thanks for the compliment sindustry (great nick by the way!!!)... I think I need to lower the guitars and raise the drums a bit... When I tried to listen to it at work I couldn't really hear the drums... Or maybe I could lower the guitar and drums and raise the overall mix... hmm...

mortega76 said:
Ok... after listening to Jocke's awesome new tunes... I had to go and revisit Superior Drummer 2.0 and I think I came up with something halfway decent... Please let me know what you guys think...

PigWeed - When The Rest Get Left Behind SD2 Test.mp3

Nice there Mo! I think that learning by doing is the way to go in the long run. When you do it yourself, you learn why and how. With a preset, it's more "how and why?" and if it sounds good, who needs to know, right? :)

I'd lower the OH channel a bit, and test the different Room mics, to fine tune it. Great job!

Oh yeah, Nice atmosphere in the song, but you never fail to deliver so...

I'm listening right now. Sounds great, good job!
I've new hard drives and RAM on order. Once everything is installed and WinXP re-setup I'll dive into S2.0. Can't wait :twisted:
Then I finally may post some of clips of mine and my band's stuff... long overdue

Thanks a bunch Jocke and Sebastian...

I just retweaked the drums... and lowered the guitar and bass a bit... I can't for the life of me find out how to add reverb just on the snare??!?!?!?! Arg!!! Sounds a bit dry... I also took your advice and lowered the overheads Jocke...

PigWeed - When The Rest Get Left Behind SD2 Test 2 on Soundclick

I need to create another patch... with less highs and more lows... maybe I'll try the Das Metal

Let me know what you think!

Kick-arsh monski! THe textures are beautiful and dramatic. I love how you design the high edge on the tone in a similar vein as Mr. Claw and others but with what I hear as an Americanskified western sound to it...more warmer mids to my ear that fit very well in your style. It seems like guys are often at war with low mids, and I often wonder to what extent it is a matter of engineering practicality - as they are often the 200-300 Hz battlefield where so much stuff is piling up in the mix, or to what extent it is because when mixed poorly they can drag the guitar down in the big picture and take the edge off -- which is a no-go in a guitar-driven idiom. At any rate, my comments on the design of your sound are subordinate to the fact that I always love the vibe of your work. It feels like you are living what you are playing. :cool:

images

Huh? You gotta say it a bit slower for common folk like me!!! :D

Thanks for the complex compliments! :)

I think I know what you're saying about the low mids... I just wish standard tuning sounded as heavy as Bb tuning did... I'm actually thinking of dropping it to A... or maybe double Q flat.

mortega76 said:

I just retweaked the drums... and lowered the guitar and bass a bit... I can't for the life of me find out how to add reverb just on the snare??!?!?!?! Arg!!! Sounds a bit dry... I also took your advice and lowered the overheads Jocke...

I need to create another patch... with less highs and more lows... maybe I'll try the Das Metal

First of all, this an excellent song with very impressive sound. I'm jealous!

Second, I use superior 2.0 in Pro Tools and if you want to process the stuff individually what you do is set the output of the snare bus or channel in superor to anything except output 1. Then, set up an auxillary track in your DAW of choice and set the input to Superior Drummer output x (whichever on you chose). This will give you an individual snare mic if you've just chosen a channel, or the entire snare bus if that's what you've chosen. I tend to do this for each channel personally as I prefer other plugins I have to the sonalkis ones.

Sorry if this isn't accurate for your DAW.

Great job again mate, I'd love to have a look at one of your patches one day.

rick_steel said:
mortega76 said:

First of all, this an excellent song with very impressive sound. I'm jealous!

Second, I use superior 2.0 in Pro Tools and if you want to process the stuff individually what you do is set the output of the snare bus or channel in superor to anything except output 1. Then, set up an auxillary track in your DAW of choice and set the input to Superior Drummer output x (whichever on you chose). This will give you an individual snare mic if you've just chosen a channel, or the entire snare bus if that's what you've chosen. I tend to do this for each channel personally as I prefer other plugins I have to the sonalkis ones.

Sorry if this isn't accurate for your DAW.

Great job again mate, I'd love to have a look at one of your patches one day.

Aaaaahhhhh... Now I just have to figure out how to add an Aux track in Sonar!!! :lol: Thanks for the info rick!!! This may or may not get more complicated... I like the toms in SD2, I like the cymbols in EZDrummer DKFH & I like the SSD3 Kick/Snare combo's... going along these lines I wonder if I could setup an Aux track and Drumagog a separate SSD3 Kick and SSD3 Snare and Xdrum the toms into the EZdrummer preset within SD2... sounds like a mouth full... as far as patches, I always share most (if not all) of my patches. Let me know which one(s) you're talking about and I'll hook a brotha up!

P.S. How would I go about adding an Xdrum (SD2 toms) into the EZdrummer DKFH preset within SD2?

Back
Top Bottom