Piezo on Les Paul, Acoustic guitar sound

Hi,

I have the LR Baggs Piezo pickups installed on by Les Paul Custom.

Currently I carry a separate Takamine acoustic guitar for gigs. Here in India, Airlines aren't musician friendly and I would really like to carry just my Les Paul as far as possible.
I also have acoustic to electric changes mid song which I cannot achieve even if I have a separate acoustic guitar.

for those reasons I have been looking for a way to make the piezo sounds as close to a DI acoustic as possible. with my previous analog setup that option was impossible. With the AX8 though, I'm hoping things will change. I did try the piezo once live, went through a Line6 Pod X3. sounded too twangy and shrill at FOH and on stage.

Have you guys come across the right EQ that will take the sound of these piezo pickups closest to a DI acoustic guitar. I've been going through some articles and tried a lot of different settings but haven't succeeded yet.

I use the Elixir nano web light top heavy bottoms. 0.10 through 0.52

Thanks,
Anand.

Thanks! I'll check that out right away.

You couldn't be more right. All the acoustic parts are strumming rhythms sitting back but not too far back in the mix while I sing. It won't fool me but hopefully it'll be close enough so the crowd doesn't care.

Back
Top Bottom