Pictures from guitar show at Haydock Racecourse on Sun May 20th, 2012

MatrixAmp

Inspired
The day started with the alarms setting off at 5am, ready to load the car

11-5am-loading-of-car1.jpg

Followed by a picturesque drive on the A628 Woodhead pass, just before we get to Tintwistle. Torside or Woodhead Resevoir. ( Updated with info from John )

12-journey-to-show1.jpg

We set the demo room up, whilst the queue started to build outside

13-people-queueing-to-get-in1.jpg

We tried to make is easy for people to find us

14-entrance-foyer1.jpg

And the cash machine

15-Cash-machine-directions-+-a-few-more-posters1.jpg

Last edited:
Axe Edit running on the projector

16-Axe-Edit-running-on-projector-in-room1.jpg

Axe Fx II + GT Amp + Passive Wedge + Active Wedge + Caparison

17-Axe-Fx-II-+-GT-amp-+-passive-wedge-+-active-wedge-+-caparison1.jpg

John demoing the Axe Fx II + Matrix Passive Wedges

18-John-demoing-the-Axe-Fx-II-+-passive-wedges1.jpg

Spencer playing whilst John took a well earned coffee break

19-Spencer-playing-whilst-John-took-a-well-earned-coffee-break1.jpg

Visitor to the demo room trying the Axe Fx II and Matrix Passive Wedges

20-Visitor-to-room-trying-the-Axe-Fx-II-+-Matrix-Wedges1.jpg

Axe Fx II + Matrix Guitar Amplification at the Haydock Racecourse Guitar Show

21-Axe-Fx-II-Matrix-in-demo-room1.jpg

Thankyou to all that visited us at the show yesterday. We had a great time showing off the @FractalAudio Axe-Fx II + Matrix Amps / Wedges.
We left at 5am in the morning, and got back home the next day, which was well worth the effort for the pleasure of spending time with guitarists that enjoyed our demo room. I have already apologised to quite a few for the GAS that was induced throughout the day.

We spent a lot of time inviting people to look at the back of the 4x12 so they could see it was not connected :) It was great seeing their faces as they worked out all of the sound they really likes was coming from a couple of small, lightweight wedges.

I had a couple of video cameras running so I shall see if there is anything good to put up on youtube and like here.

Looking forward to the next one already.

Best regards
Matt

p.s. If you have not already joined in the fun on facebook, then please enter our free May competition with a 20% discount + free shipping on the wedges available as a prize. ( Matrix Amplification | Facebook )

Last edited:
Any plans to do demos in the Midlands? Couldn't get to the show on Sunday due to family commitments but would have liked to have heard your gear. Just out of interest, do you design or manufacture in the UK?

Any plans to do demos in the Midlands? Couldn't get to the show on Sunday due to family commitments but would have liked to have heard your gear. Just out of interest, do you design or manufacture in the UK?

Whoops never mind, I see from your website you do work out of the UK. Nice.

Matt,

So, I'm sure that if you were ready to announce something, you would, but I'll ask anyway. Any idea when some of the great new products will be available? I know you've said pricing will be announced on the 1st. Can you at least announce when you'll announce when they'll be available? :)

Whoops never mind, I see from your website you do work out of the UK. Nice.

Hi POB,
We have marked all of the "Northern Guitar Shows" in the calender. I expect we will be in Birmingham for the next guitar show there. I will put the show dates on the website so that you can plan a visit to us.

With regards the design and build I can proudly say that we have been UK based for the last twenty years or so. To ensure quality stays high we like to control as much as possible, therefore we run our own surface mount machine, make our own switchmode transformers, we even design/make the cardboard boxes our products ship in.

I look forward to having a coffee with you at one of the shows.

My best regards
Matt

Matt,

So, I'm sure that if you were ready to announce something, you would, but I'll ask anyway. Any idea when some of the great new products will be available? I know you've said pricing will be announced on the 1st. Can you at least announce when you'll announce when they'll be available? :)

Hi there,
I apologise for making you wait a bit for this news. We are flat out at the factory building.
I will have release date news for you at the same time as the pricing :)

My best regards
Matt

Followed by a picturesque drive in the Midlands

Midlands indeed...... Peak district Matt. A628 Woodhead pass to be precise just before we get to Tintwistle. Torside or Woodhead Resevoir. They'll take my Yorkshireman's passport away if I didn't correct you mate!

Midlands indeed...... Peak district Matt. A628 Woodhead pass to be precise just before we get to Tintwistle. Torside or Woodhead Resevoir. They'll take my Yorkshireman's passport away if I didn't correct you mate!
I did wonder as it didn't look like anywhere in the Midlands but looked to me like those reservoirs you mention. Good seeing you guys again the other day...

Hey POB,

as you did for me before I ordered my Ultra, I would be happy to give you a demo of the Matrix in the Midlands, I'm in Birmingham. If you are interested in the FRFR solutions then I'd have to speak to the guys to see if I can borrow one for a bit but it might be a possibility :) Drop me a line if you're interested? If a few people are interested then maybe we could book a rehearsal studio or something and make it a gathering....

Spence

:)
About 6am, above London, below Scotland = Midlands :)

Original post updated with correct location.

Cheers
Matt

That's great Matt. I ask because I run an electronic design and assembly business myself, It would be cool to meet up, hear the gear and swap a few experiences. Look forward to meeting up sometime soon.

Nick

Hey POB,

as you did for me before I ordered my Ultra, I would be happy to give you a demo of the Matrix in the Midlands, I'm in Birmingham. If you are interested in the FRFR solutions then I'd have to speak to the guys to see if I can borrow one for a bit but it might be a possibility :) Drop me a line if you're interested? If a few people are interested then maybe we could book a rehearsal studio or something and make it a gathering....

Spence

Hi Spence,

Thanks for the kind offer. Haven't even made the jump to an Axe-Fx II yet, things have been a bit tight financially, I'm sure you get my drift. I keep telling myself the Ultra does everything I need but underneath the desire to upgrade burns! If I hear your II and start hanging with the Matrix guys, I fear a big overdraft may be around the corner ;-)

I would definitely be up for a Brum gathering if a few others fancy it though.

All the best, Nick

I've seen younger crowds at the Social Security office.
Something I noticed at the show was the age group was older in general even compared to a similar show a few weeks back.
Good thing that people are still playing and some guys I spoke to have only taken up the guitar in their forties.

Quick video clip of the Axe Fx II playing through the Matrix GT amp and the FRFR wedges :)

More to follow.

Best regards
Matt

Hi Matt / John

where exactly is information on the wedges ?

and for those whose still prefer rectangular boxes - are you going to make the chassis speakers available ?

I do recall Paul Mapp mentioning an EVM 12L type speaker coming along - is there something else in pipeline ?

Also thanks to your demo in Aintree last year - I'm a Axe 2 + 800FX owner ... And like many in the room at Haydock from what i can see - I've been playing for quite sometime ( never too old for good tone though !!!! ) ..

Cheers Phil

Back
Top Bottom