"Pick Attack Issues" thread deleted?

Yes, this is exactly what I find. I think it's related to the cab block though. I notice when turning cab sims on/off (into a guitar cab) that, in addition to the obvious freq filtering, the attack curve seems to change. Like you say, feels like inserting a compressor.

The Motor Drive will cause compression if not set to zero (as it models driver compression). Otherwise the cab block is completely linear and will not cause any compression.

As others have said already what you are experiencing is personal perception and not an issue in the AxeFX II. FAS cannot affect personal perception in any way. No firmware update will fix this issue for you by design because there's nothing to 'fix'. I'm not implying that there's anything wrong with your perception - it's yours and it's right for you. If you have tried all of the suggestion offered by other users and still can't get the results you're looking for then the AxeFX II may simply not be a good choice for you.

"Dynamic maximium"...

- The more important aspect that stood out was that the amps didn't seem to have a dynamic maximum like the Axe.
IOW: if I play the Axe, my basic picking strength would be like 65% and I can vary from around 0 to 100% and then it will go no further. On the amps it felt like there was no maximum and I could vary pick attack from 0 to way >100%. This gave an awesome feeling of connectedness and great freedom to dynamically express yourself, experience more subtle stuff when you dig in, *really* dig in and *really really* dig in. Maybe if you had the picking strength you could destroy it :p while the Axe has a safeguard built-in.

I'll just leave the description provided for "dynamic maximum" here for those that don't want to check the links in the OP....

I can't even count the number of times some gorgeous drunk chick has stumbled up to me and said "I was gonna f*ck your eyes out tonight, but your modeler's pick attack sucks."

LOL. Thank you for that adjustment. Bar lowered! Much appreciated. :lol

I can't even count the number of times some gorgeous drunk chick has stumbled up to me and said "I was gonna f*ck your eyes out tonight, but your modeler's pick attack sucks."

I have never had that happen. Gorgeous drunk chicks never stumble up to me. I did have this chick with no teeth stumble up and say "I'm gonna f*ck your eyes out", but i told her I was having problems with my pick attack and that she should get with the bass player.

I'm married and I love my wife very much... so I do this pick attack adjustment on purpose to keep the "drunken skanks" away. Most of them are "butt ugly" in the bars around here anyways... teeth or no teeth!:D ... my philosophy is, "one woman is enough to deal with... why would I want more?" :p

Back
Top Bottom