PhilX on Fakebook

His clip sounded terrible compared to recent firmwares. Maybe he is still on firmware v1? or cab modeling is turned off? could just be a bad recording, but that doesn't sound like Axe-Fx modeling.

That makes me a little sad to see him as the curmudgeonly old aunt griping about tech. I've enjoyed his energy that he brings to the Eddy appreciation party. He does however have a signature amp made by the man who made his career off of copying Jose's work. :moyai:

That makes me a little sad to see him as the curmudgeonly old aunt griping about tech. I've enjoyed his energy that he brings to the Eddy appreciation party. He does however have a signature amp made by the man who made his career off of copying Jose's work. :moyai:
once a rock God starts to need reading glasses - it's over

(cept for LT, edit: and Burgs)

Last edited:
I thought the video was Glenn Fricker until someone said it was Phil X.
Copycat Effect
Cuteness Copycat GIF

I just sat at my desk telling my AxeFXIII to go fuck itself in order to try and get a violent response out of it.

It still sounds the same. Please advise.
I suggest Mr X post a wish for a "Violence Knob" - tho I don't believe Fractal condones violence, they might make an exception here.

I want a violence knob, but make it a non woke one so it passes 2023 muster and my axefxIII doesnt get machine gunned by Kidd Rock. Or maybe I have this backwards.

Back to making violent anemic music.

I just mastered 2 songs for a friend thru my SSL/Eventide chain. It just didn’t sound violent enough to me. Any tips? Aside from buying a BOSS Katana that I know won’t get me there either?

I just wanna say I’m a fan of BOSS products. Own many and have reviewed many.

A common theme that keeps coming up in my life from people around me either in my band, my family or my colleagues is some people tear others around them down in order to seem even. That does absolutely nothing to make your product/band/relationship/whatever better. Getting up every morning and trying to be a better you makes you better. I really doubt BOSS sent him a Katana and said say something bad about FAS. Marketing like this does them no favors, though. Tell us what you like about the product without shitting on the competitors product.

In a perfect world, either Cooper or Leon are doing a slap back video as we speak, but I think both of them are kinda above that sort of thing.

Funny thing, the Friedman Phil X is the best sounding out of the whole product line, IMO. I’ve met him and he’s really a cool dude.

Back
Top Bottom