Philip K. Dick Content

la szum

Axe-Master
I'm a nutbag for all things PKD, and have consumed nearly every biography written on this
man. He was such a complicated and interesting character. Without a doubt Philip was tapped into
something beyond what normal humans have access to. Drug-fueled or not, he was a
seminal figure in not just Science Fiction, but in Popular Culture.

Fun read!

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article...witnessed-the-future?utm_source=pocket-newtab

"Dick was altogether anti-establishment: his stories feature authorities and companies consistently abusing their power, especially when it comes to surveillance. His worlds are ultra-commodified and their citizens addicted to materialism, while celebrity, media and politics meld to create nightmarish, authoritarian scenarios, usually topped off with a heavy dose of technocracy and bureaucracy."

Last edited:
He was good.

"Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep". The discussions that brought up about what is human and moral, loved it. The movies weren't too bad either.

How faithful was The Man In The High Castle show that someone did? I didn't have access to it.
The book was so terse and unfinished the show was basically all liberties. Wasn’t bad but also not great either.

How faithful was The Man In The High Castle show that someone did? I didn't have access to it.

I have streamed worse. :) Season 1 really sucks you in. The acting and production are top notch.

I'd definitely recommend it for Season 1 alone.

Ohhhh, it's an art. Yeah, that's what I was going for. I totally didn't keep obsessively buying books when I had hundreds sitting unread on my shelf. It was all for the sake of art.

Haha! Indeed it is an art form, and also an healthy foundation for living. :)

tps://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/growing-surrounded-books-may-bolster-skills-later-life-180970523/

Back
Top Bottom