Pete Loeffler Chevelle tone?

biggator6

Trying to get a good tone like Chevelle's Pete Loeffler.

This guy does a good job using Overloud TH3..

My first attempt is attached.. also my first FM9 patch (I just got it two days ago!)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Pete's MKIV.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 27
Let me know what you think.. It's definitely not there yet. I'm still in the 'omg there's so many tweakable options!' stage

I found some stems.. can certainly try to match them.

I do know that Andy Wallace used a Yamaha SPX 'symphonic chorus' on the bass all over that album. I have it in a ProR2 in my rack and it's definitely that sound.
I wish someone made a legit symphonic plugin. I known Overloud has one but you gotta buy a whole thing to get it.

I wish someone made a legit symphonic plugin. I known Overloud has one but you gotta buy a whole thing to get it.

Is there really no good VST that can mimic it?

[edit] apparently Valhalla Ubermod can get very very close, as can Eventide Quadravox.

Last edited:
The guy in that video really nailed it. Will try your preset later today, Chevelle rhythm sound is exactly what I'm aiming for, but to be honest a big part of it is the gnarly bass, like Tool's, so it's very difficult to sound like that just with our guitar.

I need to work on some better pick attack for the bass preset, but here's a snippet with bass and guitars all with the FM9.. the guitars are from this patch

Back
Top Bottom