Patch Volume Irregular

Paul2916

Inspired
Hi,

I wonder if anyone might be able to help me?

At last night's gig when changing from a rock rhythm channel to my lead sound using an MFC -101 I encountered a problem.

Sometimes - but not always - when the lead patch was engaged it was way too loud (sounds like 50% too loud) and I had to re-press the MFC footswitch until the patch 'engaged' at the proper volume level.

The problem was intermittent and sometimes the lead patch volume level was fine when selected.

The signal chain I'm running is: Guitar - Line 6 G30 Relay wireless transmitter - Axe FX II (controlled by an MFC 101 connected with a Cat5 cable) - Atomic 50/50 - Atomic passive cabs x 2

I'm running 10.11 firmware in the Axe FX II and 2.18 firmware in the MFC-101.

If anyone might be able to shed any light on what might have caused the problem I would be grateful. I have not connected either the Axe FX or the MFC to a computer for months and the firmware has been stable for some time so I am not suspecting a bug necessarily. I have checked the valve bias in both channels on the Atomic 50/50 and all is well. I have bought a new Cat5 cable this morning just in case the other one (which was two years old) might have developed a fault.

Thanks.

Paul

Just a thought as it happened to me.If you use the boost switch for your patch, there is a setting in the MFC that needs to be changed to make sure it doesn't stay engaged as you switch presets. I had this problem and took me a while to figure it out so perhaps your issue (though hard to tell from your note if this is it)

MM

slinky005 - yes of course but as I have created 50+ patches which I use live and the release notes tell me that the new firmware may alter my sound, I am reluctant to do so. That said, if it cures the problem of course I must. The new firmware sounds good in theory, are you using it?

WITELITE - there is a 'boost' that I have built into every patch, it's a +3.3db filter right at the end of the signal chain which gives me extra volume if I need it. I have set one of the switches as the 'boost' on the MFC to control it. Is this what you mean when you say 'if you use the boost switch for your patch' or are you referring to something else please?

slinky005 - yes of course but as I have created 50+ patches which I use live and the release notes tell me that the new firmware may alter my sound, I am reluctant to do so. That said, if it cures the problem of course I must. The new firmware sounds good in theory, are you using it?

WITELITE - there is a 'boost' that I have built into every patch, it's a +3.3db filter right at the end of the signal chain which gives me extra volume if I need it. I have set one of the switches as the 'boost' on the MFC to control it. Is this what you mean when you say 'if you use the boost switch for your patch' or are you referring to something else please?

I was referring to the Boost in the Amp Block. The Filter part should be fine. I have a switch on my MFC to trigger the amp block boost and that carries over to patches unless you set the MFC otherwise. Long shot but probably not your issue

MM

WITELITE - Ahhh, understood. Thank you.

No, this is not the issue but I decided to upgrade to Firmware 14 which I did last night and, once I have worked my way through the patches, I'll update the MFC firmware too.

Thanks for taking the time to help though, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom