Patch setup: Acoustic sounds out of electric: Running reg poweramp/cabinet setup.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I want to make my acoustic patch sound more acoustic. Run a Matrix power amp and cabinet. No FRFR.

What amp model is best to use and some settings for the post amp Filter block?

Anything else I should try?

Please don't mention FRFR or piezo saddles.....I am well aware of them and not going to purchase to get desired effect. Thanks!

That is going to be a challenge. Guitar cabs and pickups have different frequency cut offs than acoustic guitars. Run a real acoustic through your cab and it won't sound right either.

Try some of the acoustic IRs that have been posted. I spent some time getting my steel guitar to sound like a dobro, and while it wouldn't fool anyone in a solo setting, in the context of a band it works pretty well. I'm running FRFR, so it might be more work to get something to work through something a different rig.

I used the Tube Pre for the amp and two acoustic IRs in parallel followed by a PEQ with notches at 220 and 700 Hz. There's also a small amount of reverb.

Smilefan created an acoustic preset that would be worth looking at as well.

Single coil, mild compression, GEQ.
Insert Resonator and Cab (with acoustic IR) in parallel rows (Mix 100) and add just enough of their Level for an acoustic vibe.
Add a shelving Peq at the end to boost the highs.

I want to make my acoustic patch sound more acoustic...What amp model is best to use and some settings for the post amp Filter block?
The Tube Pre is the only amp model worth trying for this, because it's the only one that isn't voiced for electric guitar. You may get better results with no amp block at all.

As yek said, use a single-coil pickup if you have that option. To my ears, the closest you can get is with both neck and middle pickups together (or neck and bridge of that's your only option).

I can't find many acoustic IRs, any suggestions of where to look? I am new to the forum, still learning the best ways to find things.

Have you found the ones on AxeChange? You could also try tone-matching an recorded acoustic sound.

Back
Top Bottom