OwnHammer Studio Mix Libraries WAV Files Update

Mesa V32 update probably isn't going to happen for a good while, unfortunately. Priority right now is on finishing the 1x12 and 2x12 libraries, then I'll be moving onto the Mesa cab for the MIX stuff. We'll see how well that does at launch and if I can then afford to set aside another month working without pay for the direct time and energy spent on such an endeavor. :) RE the download speeds, as my infinite and never ending bad luck would have it, it looks like my hosting service had another maintenance and emergency outage for the data center my site is hosted at over the entire weekend. Last night the site was actually completely down for about 3 hours from 1 to 4 A.M. EST. This seems to happen every single time I have a major release or update in the last six months... Coincidence? :p That said, I tried it just now in Chrome as the above screen shots, and I cannot replicate the issue, so based on that I have to assume if it was server side it was temporary, and if it is still ongoing that it is client side:

Thanks for the update Kevin. I'll try again tonight. Your server issue was around the same time I was trying to DL.

Mesa V32 update probably isn't going to happen for a good while, unfortunately. Priority right now is on finishing the 1x12 and 2x12 libraries, then I'll be moving onto the Mesa cab for the MIX stuff. We'll see how well that does at launch and if I can then afford to set aside another month working without pay for the direct time and energy spent on such an endeavor. :)

RE the download speeds, as my infinite and never ending bad luck would have it, it looks like my hosting service had another maintenance and emergency outage for the data center my site is hosted at over the entire weekend. Last night the site was actually completely down for about 3 hours from 1 to 4 A.M. EST. This seems to happen every single time I have a major release or update in the last six months... Coincidence? :p That said, I tried it just now in Chrome as the above screen shots, and I cannot replicate the issue, so based on that I have to assume if it was server side it was temporary, and if it is still ongoing that it is client side:

download-time.jpg

Kevin...just my .02...but I would love it if you got more cabs out with less speaker combos. For example, I have no interest in what Jensens or Alnicos sound like in a Mesa 4x12. Frankly, I only care what V30s sound like in that cab. I'd like the flavor and tonality of different cabs at this point more than I'd like 1 cab with every speaker possible. So instead of adding other speakers to your 1x12 or 2x12 cabs, I'd rather you did your other cabs in general. That's just me though. Others may feel differently.

Kevin...just my .02...but I would love it if you got more cabs out with less speaker combos. For example, I have no interest in what Jensens or Alnicos sound like in a Mesa 4x12. Frankly, I only care what V30s sound like in that cab. I'd like the flavor and tonality of different cabs at this point more than I'd like 1 cab with every speaker possible. So instead of adding other speakers to your 1x12 or 2x12 cabs, I'd rather you did your other cabs in general. That's just me though. Others may feel differently.

I kind of agree but I also love Evl Evs and all the Greenback style speakers in the 4x12 closed backs.

Mesa V32 update probably isn't going to happen for a good while, unfortunately. Priority right now is on finishing the 1x12 and 2x12 libraries, then I'll be moving onto the Mesa cab for the MIX stuff. We'll see how well that does at launch and if I can then afford to set aside another month working without pay for the direct time and energy spent on such an endeavor. :)

Hi Kevin

I don't suppose you have any plans on supplying us with longer .wav files for any of the V1 libraries do you?

My go-to EVM-12L IRs are still the ones in the V1 EVM-12L 1 X 12 Thiele library that I bought way-back-when.
(Even after shooting my own 12L 57 UltraRes IR of my own cab.)
I'd really like to be able to convert them to UltraRes when the new Cab Lab is finally released.
The actual length of the .wav files I already have now for these is actually 120ms, but it looks like it's all silence after the first 10ms or so.
I don't suppose there's any advantage to converting these .wav files as-is to UltraRes, is there?

what is the problem?

My transfer rate from the Ownhammer website is about 11kb/sec, which takes 7-9 hours. I tried just letting it download but after about an hour (and only about 30MB's downloaded) the download fails.

I recently downloaded similar large files from another website with no issues, takes about 15 minutes, so it seems to be on the OH site. I'm going to try another computer, but I doubt anything will change.

Extremely stupid question. Are the wav files available for "412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Modern Speaker Collection"? If so, I can't find them for the life of me.

RE the download speeds, as my infinite and never ending bad luck would have it, it looks like my hosting service had another maintenance and emergency outage for the data center my site is hosted at over the entire weekend. Last night the site was actually completely down for about 3 hours from 1 to 4 A.M. EST. This seems to happen every single time I have a major release or update in the last six months... Coincidence? :p That said, I tried it just now in Chrome as the above screen shots, and I cannot replicate the issue, so based on that I have to assume if it was server side it was temporary, and if it is still ongoing that it is client side:

download-time.jpg

Just saw this, you can be assured that I will be purchasing the Mesa Mix Library when it comes out.

Does anybody know why I keep getting this message? I've been trying to download this for about 2 weeks.

Untitled.jpg

I just downloaded the wav files for both Modern and Vintage, which seemed to go fine, but...

thought I'd share what occurred in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Mac running 10.7.5 and it unZipped the Modern without a problem, but I kept receiving an error message that it couldn't expand the Vintage as the directory didn't exist (Downloads, which is where the zip file resided). After trying this multiple times, I noticed a large disparity in the file size between the downloaded Modern and Vintage (489MB vs 66MB respectively). When I checked the file size on OH's website, I saw the Vintage file should have been almost the same as the Modern, so my earlier download obviously went wonky. Downloaded the Vintage file again, which ended in a file around 494MB, and everything unzipped with no further issues. Hope this helps if anyone else runs into this.

Cheers,

Lee

FWIW I just finished downloading all of the WAV files (1x12, 2x12, both 4x12) and had no issues with download or unzipping (Win7).

I tried downloading it again, it worked. I'm a happy camper, just waiting for the new cab lab.

Sorry for this stupid question, but in this collection, who is the famous Greenback 25 ? (celestial G12M Greenback)
thank you.

Back
Top Bottom