OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Awesome ! Can't wait for the new ir's of the 70's stuff , The 20 watt G12m just never did it for me! Tried it several different ways,but in reality I never used any of the other 20 watt ir's,, fractal or redwire either,too hollow in mids and bright on top! Personally would have prefered Scumback M75 or H75 with the new process, but authentic 70's speakers ! That's what I'm talking about!!!!

I'm still just looking forward to the Mesa V30 and a Bogner with T75's to use. And it sounds like it's going to come a lot faster now. Cannot wait!!!

Thanks Kevin for your relentless dedication to bringing us these new, smokin' IR's. I'm looking so forward to the original G12-65. A heavily, underrated speaker. The G12M 75Hz. "Blackback's" are very tantalizing as well.

Kevin, a quick question, you said you were going to stop doing the Fat/Warm/Fat and Warm options of each library and provide filter files instead, did you work on those files and are we going to see them soon ? I need those, and I'm sure other users too, to make IR mixes with what you have released up to now. And if you can please include some scooped filter files too ;) Thanks !

Of course I know I can boost/scoop like I want using a PEQ but personal flavored IR makes preset building quicker

Was there ever an option to buy just AX1 or AX2 files?

There was, and it proved a bad idea for many reasons in the end. Won't ever do that again. :)

Kevin, a quick question, you said you were going to stop doing the Fat/Warm/Fat and Warm options of each library and provide filter files instead, did you work on those files and are we going to see them soon ?

Not yet, my #1 priority is getting this first library done in full.

And if you can please include some scooped filter files too ;) Thanks !

Right now I'm still debating how I want to do this, but the one thing I do not want to do is over complicate it. My feeling is that if these are needed in the .wav/.syx area, they are needed by guitarists using them live and not studio guys using them in the DAW, so the approach will be fitting and stripped down. Whenever I have time months from now I plan on doing traditional/full mic preamp and outboard EQ samplings, but those will be a different beast.

More to come soon, and lots of cool things brewing behind the curtain at the moment. ;)

Whenever I have time months from now I plan on doing traditional/full mic preamp and outboard EQ samplings, but those will be a different beast.

Um? So are the final IR's going to be totally different from the beta's then? At least as far as having the 'magic sauce' so to speak baked into the IR's?

Um? So are the final IR's going to be totally different from the beta's then? At least as far as having the 'magic sauce' so to speak baked into the IR's?

The current form, which is final revision and also different/improved from the betas, has 'magic sauce baked in'. The alteration is that in terms of EQ variations per voicing it is a singularly idealized presentation that should need little tweaking in various areas, if any at all.

The current form, which is final revision and also different/improved from the betas, has 'magic sauce baked in'. The alteration is that in terms of EQ variations per voicing it is a singularly idealized presentation that should need little tweaking in various areas, if any at all.

Good to hear. This response has 'awesome sauce' baked into it.

I liked fat, warm, etc. but a single idealized presentation that is sonically superior, limits the number of choices down to a single file that I can easily and quickly audition and fatten up with amp controls if necessary sounds like a winner Kevin. Looking forward to the general release.

i like sauce, in special on a beefy tasty...... :)

A idea from a total noob:

The dynamic behavior in IR's....I am dreaming actual that a "*.gif"-file has multiple frames. Will it be great to see this in future for IR's?
Such "multi-frequency impulse responses" could have different tone translation on various frequency inputs or so....

Yup, the units that will use this, have to be modified, but....Just dreaming :)

Frank

Does this mean the Bogner 4x12 w/ G12Ms? What would be left? More mic captures?

Correct. Bottom of the 412-GTR Bogner 12M-RI product page lists the progress. Right now I'm actually finished with the Studio Pro section (just waiting on testing/feedback to release it end of this week) and half of the remainder of the near field mics, and the auxiliary stuff is 9 captures instead of 36 so I should have most of that done by the end of this week. Assuming that I don't get slammed unexpectedly at my day job, of course, but if not I should have this one behind me and finished by the 25th. From there the formulas are pretty much discovered and most of the rest is just rinse and repeat with possible small variations here and there. All things considered I've probably sampled this first new library at least a half dozen times in the name of R&D.

So are the Bogner IR's currently on your website the updated version or are they still the older IRs that are going to be replaced?

Anyone anyone?
I tried emailing ownhammer but no response yet and I'm getting impatient. I wanna buy the bogners but don't want to waste $25 if they will just be replaced by new ones in a few weeks.

Anyone anyone?
I tried emailing ownhammer but no response yet and I'm getting impatient. I wanna buy the bogners but don't want to waste $25 if they will just be replaced by new ones in a few weeks.

It's the new ones. He removed all the old IRs from the website as far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom