OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

I am a little confused. Does the "Pro" library include the "Wav" library or not?
What if I just want the Pro library and not the Wav library? I bought the kickstarter package to get the best possible available.

From what I can gather, yes - the Pro series download will contain .wav files that you can extract after you unzip the file. Kevin is merely consolidating the download into one big file so that he can save the trouble of having customers sort through his webpage to find what file-types they are looking for. Second, if you should ever want to tinker with the Nebula system, you would already have the nebula files on your computer, making the conversion process easier for you.

Yes I am a bit confused but I am sick with the flu so I'm not firing on all cylinders. Since I bought Kickstarter ill just data dump from my brain what I learned before and start fresh once we have that first official release.

Firstly, a (belated) Merry Christmas to everyone! :)

One question. I've bought the bogner 12m cab a 25 $. I read somewhere along the way during the purchase process that I could download the package 3 times or for 90 days but now I can't find these conditions. Do you know what's correct and what happens now that the package is updated?
Merry christmas and take care!

OwnHammer.com - Store F.A.Q.

Q/A #6

Also, when I do updates to libraries I reset the download counters for everybody for that library.

Kevin, how do I upgrade from the old wav-libraries? Will it be automatic if I put the new 25 USD libraries in my shopping basket on the website, or should I email you about it?

Merry Christmas!

The old libraries will get the "V2" updates for free. If you want the Studio Pro and Nebula platform files in addition to this there will be an upgrade path option in the store in a couple weeks - $6 for WAV library owners. The store is not made to recognize picking up the new full library and will attempt to charge you the 25, so don't go that route.

To anybody else - I'll have more info on other possible combinations in the FAQ when I have time to redo that in the near future. All other questions related to this topic will need to hold until that time.

I've been out a couple of days... sorry for asking. But what have happened to the WF "Warm and Fat" versions? I just checked the file on the ownhammer page and they are gone.

Check out the info in Post 694 of this thread

I am a little confused. Does the "Pro" library include the "Wav" library or not?
What if I just want the Pro library and not the Wav library? I bought the kickstarter package to get the best possible available.

PRO is not related to this, and is currently on back burner until I can add a dozen or more of these new standard libraries to the catalog. I have new and exciting things in store for that series as well, and for right now I only want the new "tech" available so the previous offerings are hidden in the store section. Due to the feature and function set, I do not currently plan to make PRO series libraries available for anything other than the Nebula platform, which up to this point has always been Nebula only. PRO series was never a part of the kickstarter, so wouldn't be applicable to all of these new directions and developments. Previous "NEB" libraries are now effectively combined with previous "WAV" and "MMS" libraries going forward. If you were one of the few people who got the NEB kickstarter, shoot me an email through the contact page and I'll explain how this will work for you there.

Hope everybody had a nice extended holiday weekend, where applicable! :)

I just DLed the new 12M cab last night, and it's a substantial upgrade over the previous "interim" v.2 12M. By mixing a 57 and a R121 both on the "Balanced 6" setting, I didn't even need to add any EQ to recreate the "warm" or "fat" settings on the previous version. This is using the Brit Brown amp sim with a TS808 Mod drive in front. It might not be the exact EQ profile as "warm/fat", but it sounds fantastic through a Marshall sim. Very realistic.

The palm mutes are even better than the improved "original V.2" version. Basically, it's almost undetectable as a DI now.

How can I transferred this IR into Axe-fx 2? Please help

Either you use Axe-Edit (if you have it, otherwise you have to wait until the new one is released sometime in 2013), or you use a sysex utility to send the sysex file to the Axe-FX. I can't really help with the latter, I have always used Axe-Edit and still have it installed on my PC.

How can I transferred this IR into Axe-fx 2? Please help
Use a midi utility such as midiox, load the sysex file,select the user slot on the ax fx cab block you want to send it to and send ! it will go to the slot you have selected.

OK I'm just starting to learn about Ownhammer (reading forum posts and watching youTune clips etc) so if I have never used any non-Fractal IR's yet is this a good time to download the latest & greatest Axe FX IR's or wait until Kevin has the new download package ready for purchase?

Thanks!

Use a midi utility such as midiox, load the sysex file,select the user slot on the ax fx cab block you want to send it to and send ! it will go to the slot you have selected.

Add to that the Axe-O-Matic (from Ownhammer site) as a cool tool to do this. It allows you to easily mix the files, preview them if you'd like, and then use the tool to take your recipe and load it directly into the slot you select. Very easy and no need for Axe Edit.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Axe-Fx world and have a quick question that I'm sure you could answer.
When loading some of the OH Beta cabs into the axe, for example, OwnHammer_412_Bogner_V31_SM57_WF-1, since it is an IR already mic'd with a 57, would adding a mic after that be redundant? Would you select "none" on the axe or use a mic sim?

Thank you.

Yes, the microphone is already baked into the IR. Selecting none would be standard practice with these.

Yes, the microphone is already baked into the IR. Selecting none would be standard practice with these.

+1 when selecting one of these cabs for your patches don't forget to turn the mic off as it is on by default on most presets if you start with any of those as templates.

Though at the end of the week I have little physically to show for it, I have busted all kinds of rear end on this week's addition, most of the time spent was R&D and infrastructure. In any case, added this week to the full library (not WAV) is a brand new subset deemed "Live-n-Loud", which is a not so overly complicated set of 16 new files aimed at those that prefer things on the dark, but not dead side. More info:

412-GTR Bogner 12M-RI Update Change Log

As this, along with the soon to be upcoming Studio-Pro section requires update paths for WAV libraries:

Legacy Library Upgrade Paths

I also updated the FAQ:

Speaker Cabinets F.A.Q.

Still more things I can and will add there, but that gets a good chunk of it and brings it back online.

Additionally, I feel now is a good time to mention it - it was a very 70's December for me, not that I frequented a disco, but that newly acquired are:

- 1970's JBL D120F
- 1970's Celestion G12L (blackback)
- 1970's Celestion G12M (blackback, 55 Hz bass cone)

For those of you that may not care so much for the slight scoop/sheen of most speakers made in the last two decades and instead like your tones under a layer of maple syrup, I'll have you covered (in it?) sometime in the near future. :shock

Last edited:
Kevin, I looked at the new upgrade options, and was wondering something. Was there ever an option to buy just AX1 or AX2 files? I have all your old libraries, and all of them are wav libraries. Just curious :)

I am freaking out for the 55Hz G12M. Oh man, that's where I come from!!!

Good stuff coming. Can't wait to see different speakers start coming down the pike... gonna be a GOOD time.

Back
Top Bottom