ownhammer mix Ir's questions

roodboy

Inspired
I got the modern and vintage and had a question:
When loading a mix ir into an axefx user cab slot does the mic choice on the axefx get set to none?
Also should any of the axefx cab parameters be adjusted for optimum use of the mix ir's?

Yes, set the mic choice in the AFXII to none. The mic's in the OH IR's are 'baked in' the IR itself.

I leave all the other parameters of the cab block at default; 0% room, no motor drive, no Air, etc.

When loading a mix ir into an axefx user cab slot does the mic choice on the axefx get set to none?

No, you will have to do it yourself.

Also should any of the axefx cab parameters be adjusted for optimum use of the mix ir's?

There is no 'should' but to get the vanilla experience, make sure to turn anything in the cab block off that would otherwise color the sound. I almost never use the mic filters in the cab block with 3rd party ir's but I find the motor drive and room parameters to sometimes be usefull.

...and speaking of vanilla experience, there are many ir's floating about that have been captured through guitar heads, i.e. power amp coloration. Do anyone take that into consideration when building presets in the Axe? Yeah, I could settle for a 'if it sounds good' approach but still... :)

Jumping in here...

Ok, I'm confused. The OH pack has Mix and Mic IR files. What Axe Mic settings are used if loading an individual Mic IR?

Jumping in here...

Ok, I'm confused. The OH pack has Mix and Mic IR files. What Axe Mic settings are used if loading an individual Mic IR?

You set the mic choice in the Axe-FX II to none.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

I'm surprised you set the motor drive to none, Scott. I find that things start to get interesting when I use even just a little bit of it. Then again, different strokes for different folks.

Back
Top Bottom