OwnHammer Impulses - Speaker Cabinets now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wanted to chime in with my experience. i just purchased the mesa 1 cab from ownhammer.. and after extensive testing an a/b ing i gotta say i like the ownhammer impulses just as much if not slightly more than the redwirez at this stage. i feel the tones are slightly more usable in a mix, they are just clearer and more balanced. i will say though that the redwirez do feel a smidge more 'real' or dynamic in some way, but for metal at least i think the ownhammer is a better buy. great product and i really enjoyed the ease of use :)

Hello everyone!

Available today on OwnHammer.com is the "412-GTR Mills 12K" impulse response library, which is a combination of the Mills Acoustics Afterburner 412B and the Celestion G12K-100. For anyone who may not be familiar with the cab and/or speaker, a quick and general description of them would be that:

When compared to the Mesa Rectifier 4x12, the Mills Acoustics Afterburner 412B has a little more:
- cabinet resonance
- mids

When compared to the Vintage 30, the G12K-100 has a:
- more open high end
- bigger and deeper low end

Please do not fall victim to the preconceived notion that this combo is for metal only! Low gain and vintage vibe players may find the less compressed top and raunchy mids just as endearing as modern high gain players will find the added cavernous chunk to down-tuned staccato. Check out the sound clips for yourself at:

http://www.ownhammer.com/impulses/412-g ... mills/12k/

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
OwnHammer.com

I got both the Mesa (#1 speaker) and the Mills cabs the other day.

Wow...IMO they are really great sounding!

VERY inexpensive to try out as well...can't lose.

Great job OH :!:

daft question, just bought the IRs....they are sysex files but having no joy loading them into the Axefx Editor ? the editor doesnt recognise them in preset manager?
thanks

Hi lukather,

I'm assuming you're attempting to load them via the following instructions with regard to the Editor?:

http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... e_response

This is the first I've heard of this, so I'm wondering if it may be a variable local to your environment/setup?
- Have you tried rebooting both the Axe-Fx and your computer?
- Are you on the newest version of Editor and firmware?
- Have you tried any of the methods other than via the Editor to send them to the Axe-Fx?

Best Regards,
Kevin

Hi everyone,

Now available on ownhammer.com is the 112-GTR Boogafunk 12L set of libraries, which is the Electro Voice EVM-12L Classic speaker in the 112 cab specifically designed to house it!

If you haven't been to the site in the last month or so, the following changes have been made:
- Added a new dedicated storefront that is much more convenient and adds many additional features from the previous framework.
- Changed the amp settings for the "Blues" and "Metal" demos.
- Altered product pages for easier access and flow of information
- Added a user submitted audio demo page, which can be found:

http://www.ownhammer.com/useraudio/speakercabinets

This is also linked to on every "Listen" page.

Additionally, the following products are next in line in the development queue:

412-GTR SLM H65
412-GTR SLM M75
412-GTR SLM H75
BASS-CAB CBL
BASS-CAB CBN
412-GTR Krank TEX

Enjoy!

Yesterday I bought the 2 Mesa's and the Mills.
I tested them out today and what can I say? WOW - I was simply blown away!!!
The Mesa's sound totally different compared to Redwirez, but I personally like them better.
Very easy to find something that fits and very good mixes.
I'm a fanboy :)

I also bought the Mesa 1&2 and the Mills, I like them more than the RedWirez, they sound more open and have more presence, sounds more like the real recordings I do with my Mesa&Framus cabs.

I still use RezWirez to mix some L&R room mics. For my drives I use the Mesa V1 with 57 80% and 20% RedWirez room mics and for the cleans the Mills Mix&Match 80% and 20% RedWirez Room.

It would be great if you can make some better L/R room IR`s in the future.

Cool - I bought everything you offer. Your site says the Axe-FX samples are 1008 samples though... shouldn't it say 1024 samples?

Looking forward to giving them a spin.

As with most all things, the more (IR's) the merrier. :D

Hi Scott,

Actually, you missed one! :eek: :

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=14

:lol:

Originally I had it listed as 1024 samples as was my understanding of the truncation, but somewhere along the lines I saw either in Albert's documentation or interface the value of 1008 displayed. I'll recheck this once I have a few minutes to do so.

Thanks very much, hope you enjoy the libraries! :D

- Kevin

On the 1008 vs 1024 topic, I found that most all web pages and forum topics related to this reference 1024, be it used in conjunction with the term 'samples', 'points', 'chunks', etc. Then upon opening Albert's conversion utility, on the primary tab (IR Options) it references truncation to 1008 and 2016 samples, dependent upon your settings. For this reason I used this number, but have no loyalty to either value whatsoever, whichever is appropriate/accurate if Albert would like to chime in on this. :)

ownhammer said:
On the 1008 vs 1024 topic, I found that most all web pages and forum topics related to this reference 1024, be it used in conjunction with the term 'samples', 'points', 'chunks', etc. Then upon opening Albert's conversion utility, on the primary tab (IR Options) it references truncation to 1008 and 2016 samples, dependent upon your settings. For this reason I used this number, but have no loyalty to either value whatsoever, whichever is appropriate/accurate if Albert would like to chime in on this. :)

The AXE-FX can use 1024 sample max lenght impulses.
I believe some of your IR's are only 1008 samples in lenght, that is why you see this data.

;)

AndrewSimon said:
The AXE-FX can use 1024 sample max lenght impulses.
I believe some of your IR's are only 1008 samples in lenght, that is why you see this data.

There you have it I suppose, thanks Andras!

decipher said:
Im so waiting for the krankenstein cabs!!! You've had it on your website for several months now!

Hang in there! The Krankenstein cab libraries are very near in the development queue. There are 3 more on the SLM (M75, V30-1, H75) cab that need to be finished first, then plans have been to do the first couple of BASS-CAB libraries (the Celestions) following that. I am building my own unique bass cabinet for the BASS-CAB libraries, so dependent on when I get that finished the Krankenstein libraries may come before them.

This is also a hint out there to anyone who may be paying attention that in addition to the cabs listed on the site as current or future offerings, I am going to start building my own unique cabinets for the sole purpose of sampling them on the site. :cool:

Nah, given everything it's pretty safe to say that it's coming before the bass cabs, and will hit mid to late February. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom