Output to FOH and Monitor

john_p

Inspired
There's probably a simple answer to this but I've just started giggling with a friedman asm frfr cab - can I run the two outputs from the ax8 and have separate volume controls without adding an fx loop block to every preset?

Brilliant - thanks. I'd wrongly assumed that would give double outputs but from the same control.

This only works if you're not using the FX-block
That's why I asked for an AUX-block.
This way you only use the input of the FX-block and you can still use Echo 1 to 2

Wouldnt increasing the volume on the ASM also increase the feed to the FOH? The nice thing of keeping them seperate is that you can boost your stage volume, and not mess with FOH.
As far as I know the output just sends a direct copy of whatever it's being fed, and the volume control on the monitor only affects the output of the speaker.

Echo one to two. That will give you separate control over stage volume without messing wit the FOH send. I've been doing this for a few months and it works great!

Yes, again only if you're not using the FX block
This issue is at the top of my frustrations related to the limitations of the AX8. I hope that FAS comes up with a software update that either allows for 2, mono FX blocks or at a minimum, a way use the ECHO feature and somehow the FX Block too.

For me, I really need the FX block as a second input for my acoustic guitar (because there is only one input on the unit). The problem now is, (as noted by others here), you can't have the FX block and Output 2 work independently. and YES, I know there are external input switchers that can be used however, loading up my pedal board with additional pedals, power supplies, etc. kind of defeats the simplicity concept the AX8 offers in the first place.

Btw... is it possible to use the OUT1 for FRFR (with cab sim) and guitar cab (without cab sim) when using 2 x mono output signals? I wanted to use the OUT2 as an FX Loop

Back
Top Bottom