Ordered an Axe Fx 3 last night. This morning I destroyed a Adam A7x Monitor! Dang!

J-C

Inspired
I had a few years old set of Adam A7x monitors which I planned to use with the Axe FX 3 I just ordered. I was rearranging some things in my bedroom slash jam room and one of the Adam monitors hit the floor hard, took a big chunk out of the wall on its way down, and made a loud Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzrp pop sound when it hit the floor. I think I saw a spark too. It no longer powers up and it is dead to the world.

Long story short, I just ordered/financed through Sweetwater a pair of Adam A8x monitors. Hope they sound good with the Axe Fx 3. I don't have a treated room, or plan to make super accurate recordings. I just want things to sound good for 80's metal in my bedroom.

Oh yeah my girlfriend also broke up with me this morning. Not a good day so far for JC - LoL!

Last edited:
Maybe calling Adam could help you in some way or keep an eye on Reverb and Ebay for a single A7.

Stuff happens and nothing wrong with upgrades all around though! Take care!

Great replies, thanks!

I'm cancelling the order on the Adams and ordering Dynaudio LYD 48 3-way powered studio monitors instead. I think this should cheer me up a bit, eh?!

I'm looking at a sturdier set of stands for these. Now I'm paranoid - lesson learned!

Last edited:
I had some Dynaudio BM5As, and they sounded nice. My bet is the LYDs will sound great. Gear won’t replace a good woman, but it will let you write some killer songs about life, love, and the price of tea in China...

Give us a review on the monitors with the III when you get them going.

^ will do!

I try to manage my expectations yet it is hard with the gear I just bought. I'm expecting this to sound phenomenal!

Ax8 for home noodling metal ...wow!
For that task to me the A8x are the better choice anyway. Good decision.

Great replies, thanks!

I'm cancelling the order on the Adams and ordering Dynaudio LYD 48 3-way powered studio monitors instead. I think this should cheer me up a bit, eh?!

I'm looking at a sturdier set of stands for these. Now I'm paranoid - lesson learned!
You cancelled Adams
WTF? Why would you do that

I had a few years old set of Adam A7x monitors which I planned to use with the Axe FX 3 I just ordered. I was rearranging some things in my bedroom slash jam room and one of the Adam monitors hit the floor hard, took a big chunk out of the wall on its way down, and made a loud Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzrp pop sound when it hit the floor. I think I saw a spark too. It no longer powers up and it is dead to the world.

Long story short, I just ordered/financed through Sweetwater a pair of Adam A8x monitors. Hope they sound good with the Axe Fx 3. I don't have a treated room, or plan to make super accurate recordings. I just want things to sound good for 80's metal in my bedroom.

Oh yeah my girlfriend also broke up with me this morning. Not a good day so far for JC - LoL!

🤔 Let's see...
You've got a new set of monitors on the way, an AxeFx III in the mail, and you got rid of your old lady?
I fail to see a downside in this.

Mate - Not only do you have an Axe FX III, and new speakers coming.... You'll have time to play with them with no interruptions! A great day for the start of your new life :)
Thanks
Pauly

I have the Adam A8x and they are great!

Your ex has done you a favor, no more monkey on your back!

As John Lennon once said "life is what happens when you're busy making other plans".

Back
Top Bottom