One Year Mark

Lvdb

It's been a year and a couple weeks since I got my hands (at last) on an Axe-Fx. The gratification was instant and the wealth of knowledge I've been exposed to as a result, spanning far beyond just modelling, blows my mind. The vast majority of my time tweaking has been spent within the Amp block and I fully expect the next year to be spent mostly like the first; wrapping my head around each deep parameter one by one or in pairs when relevant.

I don't mean to say that it's really necessary to be so thorough with the Amp block deep parameters, but dang does it satiate my mind to actually grasp the technical realities of what these tweaks are doing and what would be happening should these tweaks be manifested physically.

Best money I've ever spent, Fractal Audio is the best audio... or something to that effect.

Thanks!

Very safe to say you're not the only one. I also spend most of the time tweaking the AMP block and picking IRs.
I've had the Axe-Fx II since FW 6 (summer 2012 I think). I've become very open minded to anything else than only full blown Death Metal distortion. Not kidding. Before, I was like: "Yeah, place that SM 57 pointing right to the middle of the cone of my ENGL cab with the Powerball amp" (tone was so fizzy it sounded more like square waves, but I didn't know any better back then).

I bought several expensive graphic cards for my gaming PC. I bought a VR headset and planning on buying an expensive sim racing rig. I bought a seven string Music Man JP 12. But the Axe-Fx II remains the best money I have ever spent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom