On a mission to convert tube snobs in tinytown S. Carolina!

bdsp8

I live in a town called Aderson South Carolina, and have owned my Axe Standard since December. And love it more every week! Since then I've done everything I can to convince my guitar buddies, and the "Tube" guys at my local music store that this is the real deal! Well, it's finally working! A friend ordered the ULTRA about three weeks ago, and was blown away! This guy has been through every amp known to man(Bogner, Marshal, DrZ,TwoRock and many more). He says he won't be buying tube ampsfor a long time. We'll, his friend heard his, and ordered one the next day! And today I talked to my guitar buddy at my local music store, and he finally drank the "kool aide" and ordered the ULTRA! So, that's four Axe's in the little town of Anderson SC! Congratulations guys, on a fantastic product that's really changing the way guitar players are getting great tone!

Brian

Good story.

I'm not so sure that I've inspired too many people to buy one, yet. Well, a friend of mine bought one, but he knew about it before I bought mine last year. But, I actually --- I kind of like the fact that most of the other local guitarists where I live don't have AXE FX's. this way, I have the most diverse, best sounding rig around. I want it all for myself! :twisted:

supersecretjim said:
Your commission checks should arrive shortly. ;)

That's what I'm talkin' about! I'll just take one of the Atomic FR amps(when they come out) instead of commission!

Anderson ain't that small anymore. I lived there for about a year in '90-'91, and it's at least twice the size now.

AdmiralB said:
Anderson ain't that small anymore. I lived there for about a year in '90-'91, and it's at least twice the size now.

What a small world! Yeah, it's for sure not as small as it was in 1990, but it for sure is no music mecca! Lol! What brought you to anderson, and where are you now? Take care.

I lived in Anderson for a month. Was trying to get an internship at Newspring church. You wouldn't happen to know any of their guitar players would you?

Shawn

shawngee said:
I lived in Anderson for a month. Was trying to get an internship at Newspring church. You wouldn't happen to know any of their guitar players would you?

Shawn
Yeah, I was one for about a year! I haven't played there in a year and a half. I know a kid named Austin that still plays there. Lee, the worship leader is a good freind. I also play in another cover band with a couple of other guys that play there on and off.

I live in Lexington right outside of Columbia, SC. I have had my Axe Fx for at least a year now. I always wondered if there were other axe owners near by.

jay_w said:
I live in Lexington right outside of Columbia, SC. I have had my Axe Fx for at least a year now. I always wondered if there were other axe owners near by.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing! Do you play out around the state at all? I'd like to, at some point be able to hear someone else play live with an Axe, just to hear what kind of tones people are getting live.

Excellent! I didn't realize HOW CLOSE xrist lived to me until I saw it on the map. 15-20mins!

bdsp8 said:
jay_w said:

Yeah, I wondered the same thing! Do you play out around the state at all? I'd like to, at some point be able to hear someone else play live with an Axe, just to hear what kind of tones people are getting live.

I don't gig with my Axe. But I have used it in a live setting with a band. I took me some tweaking but now it sounds great in a band setting with a cab.

How about you. Do you gig around the state?

jay_w said:
bdsp8 said:
[quote="jay_w":3p6itcku]I live in Lexington right outside of Columbia, SC. I have had my Axe Fx for at least a year now. I always wondered if there were other axe owners near by.

I don't gig with my Axe. But I have used it in a live setting with a band. I took me some tweaking but now it sounds great in a band setting with a cab.

How about you. Do you gig around the state?[/quote:3p6itcku]

Yeah, mainly around the upstate(Greenville,Clemson,Spartanburg), but I do play in Columbia and Myrtle Beach from time to time. I've been running mine straight to FOH and just using stage monitors. It sounds killer that way, and I couldn't ask for an easier setup!

Back
Top Bottom