Octamizer for bass?

Osprey

I am looking for a way to mimic something like the Aguilar Octamizer bass pedal or MXR M288 octave bass pedal. Has anyone attempted this? Thanks.

I am looking for a way to mimic something like the Aguilar Octamizer bass pedal or MXR M288 octave bass pedal. Has anyone attempted this? Thanks.
Octave Divider type in the Pitch block?

I'm not familiar with those pedals but that type gives you both 1 and 2 octave down.

I don't have a bass handy, so I just used an SVT and cab at stock settings for this.

I watched a video for the Octomizer, and this should get you started.

Scene 1 is clean bass. Scene 2 brings in the octave.

The Input EQ "Definition" in the amp block will give you the tilt EQ which is what they call "Clean Tone".

The filter block after the pitch block is a simple lowpass. Adjusting the frequency will give you the "Octave filter".

Both the EQ Definition and Filter frequency can be sent to expression pedal using the modifiers.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: You could also put a second filter block right before the amp and select "tilt EQ" instead of using the Input EQ in the amp block.

Attachments

• OCTOMIZER.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I don't have a bass handy, so I just used an SVT and cab at stock settings for this.

I watched a video for the Octomizer, and this should get you started.

Scene 1 is clean bass. Scene 2 brings in the octave.

The Input EQ "Definition" in the amp block will give you the tilt EQ which is what they call "Clean Tone".

The filter block after the pitch block is a simple lowpass. Adjusting the frequency will give you the "Octave filter".

Both the EQ Definition and Filter frequency can be sent to expression pedal using the modifiers.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: You could also put a second filter block right before the amp and select "tilt EQ" instead of using the Input EQ in the amp block.
I really appreciate it!

HAHAHA!!! I misspelled it.

homer simpson doh GIF

Back
Top Bottom