NYE.PARTY.2023 - Free Axe-Fx III Preset!

I hate to be "that guy", but I can't get the Standard preset to load on my Mk1. I'm running FW 21.01, Axe-Edit 1.12.12. When I click on "Manage Presets" and scan the directory, it just spins. If I try to drag it in, it just rejects it. I rebooted both my Mac and Axe-Fx III, same results.
Hi Doug. It's working fine here and runs at about 82%. This video shows me dragging and dropping the downloaded file into my Axe-Fx III Mark 1 Standard running firmware 21.01.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sccw36wmm18m0p/NYE-import.mp4?dl=0

I'm not an Axe-FX III user (FM3 here) but seeing this just puts a huge smile on my face. What an amazing piece of gear, and @Admin M@ is a certifiable genius. Looking forward to seeing everyone's version here!

Got an Axe-Fx III and an FC Controller? Here's some NEW YEAR'S EVE FUN for you!
I made a quick video to show how it works. Use this preset to perform AULD LANG SYNE (or whatever else you want).
Post your own clips below. Surely you can play a solo where I only peck out the bare-bones melody while tap dancing.

BACK STORY
Many years ago, I was working over FaceTime with George Pajon of the Black Eyed Peas on a preset demonstrating sidechain compression on the Axe-Fx. It was designed to be used with a kick drum, but he didn't have a backing track or drum machine. You may remember the result because I've told this part of the story before: I used a Synth block to create a kick drum sound in the Axe-Fx. We were all set to use that... but (long story short...) some unbelievably crazy things happened instead. Fast forward a bit... I later released an Axe-Fx II preset called "Disco Party" that had some other goodies besides that kick drum. Now, as the years have gone by and the capabilities of the Axe-Fx have made a massive leap forward. I wondered what I could do with that same kind of preset. The result is nothing short of loads of ridiculous fun. The "drum machine" is much improved. There are now diatonic "synth" chords added above a squelchy synth bass. Scene Controllers allow the use of an FC to trigger six different chords (plus a bonus minor IV chord when you press and hold Scene 2), and an expression pedal changes the band from "pumping" to "groovy" mode.

DOWNLOAD THE PRESET:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/misc/_gift22/NYE.PARTY.M2023.zip

NOTES:
Firmware Requirements: Axe-Fx III Turbo 21.0 or newer

An FC-6 or FC-12 is required to change scenes. Use FACTORY DEFAULT LAYOUT #2 (Scenes)
  • Two per-preset switches are built in:
  • Tap Scene 1 again to toggle to STOP.
    Press and Hold the Scene 2 footswitch to change from A major to A minor (minor IV chord)
"External 1" toggles groove mode, as seen in the video.

A compromised but functional Axe-Fx III Standard Version is now included in the zip file.

Got an Axe-Fx III and an FC Controller? Here's some NEW YEAR'S EVE FUN for you!
I made a quick video to show how it works. Use this preset to perform AULD LANG SYNE (or whatever else you want).
Post your own clips below. Surely you can play a solo where I only peck out the bare-bones melody while tap dancing.

BACK STORY
Many years ago, I was working over FaceTime with George Pajon of the Black Eyed Peas on a preset demonstrating sidechain compression on the Axe-Fx. It was designed to be used with a kick drum, but he didn't have a backing track or drum machine. You may remember the result because I've told this part of the story before: I used a Synth block to create a kick drum sound in the Axe-Fx. We were all set to use that... but (long story short...) some unbelievably crazy things happened instead. Fast forward a bit... I later released an Axe-Fx II preset called "Disco Party" that had some other goodies besides that kick drum. Now, as the years have gone by and the capabilities of the Axe-Fx have made a massive leap forward. I wondered what I could do with that same kind of preset. The result is nothing short of loads of ridiculous fun. The "drum machine" is much improved. There are now diatonic "synth" chords added above a squelchy synth bass. Scene Controllers allow the use of an FC to trigger six different chords (plus a bonus minor IV chord when you press and hold Scene 2), and an expression pedal changes the band from "pumping" to "groovy" mode.

DOWNLOAD THE PRESET:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/misc/_gift22/NYE.PARTY.M2023.zip

NOTES:
Firmware Requirements: Axe-Fx III Turbo 21.0 or newer

An FC-6 or FC-12 is required to change scenes. Use FACTORY DEFAULT LAYOUT #2 (Scenes)
  • Two per-preset switches are built in:
  • Tap Scene 1 again to toggle to STOP.
    Press and Hold the Scene 2 footswitch to change from A major to A minor (minor IV chord)
"External 1" toggles groove mode, as seen in the video.

A compromised but functional Axe-Fx III Standard Version is now included in the zip file.

Great Job Matt.

vorrei avere dei preset che si ispirano ai DEEP PURPLE. MI POTETE AIUTARE O DIIRMI DOVE POSSO TROVARLI

I crawled out of bed, fed my cat, made my morning green tea, opened my web browser, and this is how my new year began.

Many thanks, Matt … and happy new year to you, too.

Hey that's pretty cool. That might open up a new realm of preset types for the Axe. This would be cool to see someone make a patch like this with just pad, and maybe not with the percussion, just to add a desired key of something underneath.

Spent about 3 hours playing with this last night! Did not want to go to bed!! Thanks so very much for this great gift, I will be tweaking it for the entire year and more I imagine!!!

If anyone is interested, I swapped out the amp for the Diamante Fire, added a auto wah and an output block for DI! Sounds killer!! Running at about 85% with Axe FXIII MkII Turbo after changes. It was running about 82.5% before the changes.

BTW, how do I change to "groovy" mode without using an external? Is there a block or setting I go to for implementation of that? Could not find it in my search of the preset. Sorry for being such a noob!

Spent about 3 hours playing with this last night! Did not want to go to bed!! Thanks so very much for this great gift, I will be tweaking it for the entire year and more I imagine!!!

If anyone is interested, I swapped out the amp for the Diamante Fire, added a auto wah and an output block for DI! Sounds killer!! Running at about 85% with Axe FXIII MkII Turbo after changes. It was running about 82.5% before the changes.

BTW, how do I change to "groovy" mode without using an external? Is there a block or setting I go to for implementation of that? Could not find it in my search of the preset. Sorry for being such a noob!
Post preset?

Back
Top Bottom